Location: Gainesville, FL
Salary Range : $13.50/hour
This is a
professional position providing monitoring and supervision of patients in a
specialized residential substance treatment program serving clients with
infections requiring PICC line antibiotics. The CNA will be providing services
and monitoring during the hours of 11 PM - 7 AM.
Must have current CNA in good standing. Preference given to candidate with experience
working with substance abuse or mental health population.
None for 11p-7a shift
1. Monitor patients on the SAPP unit by completing room checks, taking vitals as prescribed and assisting with medications as needed.
2. Report all medical concerns to Nursing Staff, Physician and Director.
3. Obtain emergency medical help as needed.
4. Participate in continuing education activities, remaining knowledgeable in areas related to the focus of the residential program
5. Attend meetings as appropriate and meet regularly with supervisor and peers to exchange pertinent information and to receive supervision
6. Maintain client and program records in accordance with applicable standards and regulations
7. Interact appropriately with any and all visitors, family members, and care providers of residents
8. Assist with inventory and general maintenance of supplies, facilities and equipment
9. Interact with clients in a confidential, therapeutic, and responsible manner maintaining a high level of ethical conduct
10. Manage crisis and emergency situations involving residents
11. Transport residents to and from appointments as needed.
Perform other duties as
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety
rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and
correspondence. Ability to speak
effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units
of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent
and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a
variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
exists. Ability to interpret a variety
of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.