Licensed Clinical Social Worker: $58,000
Education: Master's degree in social work, counseling, psychology or closely related field. Preference given to individuals that have a current license as mental health professional or certified addictions professional.
Experience: Outpatient clinical experience preferred. Work experience must include work with population to be served.
1. Perform clinical assessments to determine diagnosis, level of care, treatment plan, and make recommendations to other agencies about these issues as needed.
2. Provides therapy services to assigned clients and/or family members in accordance with Center guidelines and procedures, and best practice standards for his/her profession. Any of the following may apply:
? Services are provided in the clinic.
? Therapy is offered in a number of modalities including individual, family, and group.
? Therapy may include a range of levels of care from prevention and educational approaches to intensive on-site outpatient care.
3. Therapy is offered to clients with a range of problems including, but not limited to,
? Mental health issues based on DSM diagnosis
? Substance abuse/dependence based on DSM diagnosis
? Issues related to sexual, physical, emotional abuse and its consequences.
4. Crisis intervention/assessment
? Telephone screening for need for services or eligibility
? Face-to-face screening to determine need for inpatient admission.
? Provides consultation services to staff from other agencies also working with the client.
? Provide sufficient services to meet revenue requirements: 1173 billed hours per year.
5. Facilitates continuity of services within the agency and community for assigned clients.
6. Documents all services provided in a timely and accurate manner in electronic medical record, consistent with Center guidelines and procedures, and best practice standards for his/her profession.
7. Documents all services and job duties as required for billing, payroll, and reimbursement purposes, in accordance with Center guidelines and procedures.
competencies required are identified on a department/program specific basis and
identified in each employee's Competency Checklist. The following are general and apply to all
positions with this title.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Specific competencies required are identified on a department/program specific basis and identified in each employee's Competency Checklist. The following are general and apply to all positions with this title.
1. Has adequate assessment/evaluation skills
? Can effectively diagnose disorders in adults
? Can articulate developmental issues and how these affect assessment and treatment.
? Is aware of cultural and gender related issues that may affect assessment of client needs and treatment planning
? Can identify signs and indicators of abuse/ trauma
? Can determine the need for Crisis Stabilization
2. Has adequate treatment skills
? Appropriately applies behavioral, cognitive, and other interventions in manner sensitive to the age and special needs of the client
? Has facility with time effective treatment strategies
? Understands how abuse/ trauma needs to be addressed in treatment
? Can formulate treatment problems, goals and objectives based on assessment data
? Understands how to effectively integrate family/caregiver in treatment, as needed
3. Understands the nature of and maintains appropriate professional boundaries (e.g., can examine the use of self in therapy, transference/counter-transference issues)
? Provides culturally competent care
4. Has adequate consultation skills
? Understands the needs of host agency and community partners
? Is respectful of aims and personnel in host agency and community partners
? Adapts to the host environment and/ or community agency
? This position is responsible for the coordination and delivery of clinical services to include family, group and individual therapy for assigned clients. Assigned clients may include scheduled and unscheduled clients.
? This position description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of skills, abilities, duties or responsibilities that are required for this position. In order to meet the needs of the organization, management may, at its discretion, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time with or without notice.