Location: Chiefland, Fl
Master's Degree Un-Licensed $38,665 | Licensed $55,000 - $60,000
This is an advanced professional counseling position providing clinical evaluation, treatment, and consultation services. Services are provided for clients with mild to severe disability. This position requires the ability to build professional empathetic relationships with clients, while providing efficient and appropriate direct clinical services. Senior clinical staff may provide supervision to non-licensed clinical staff, students, and interns.
Master's degree in counseling or similar discipline. Licensed preferred in a field related to substance abuse and or mental health
1. Must be able to perform clinical assessments that include assessment of symptoms, mood, mental status, and related risks, as well as strengths, clearly documenting the person's diagnosis, medical necessity, goals, desire to change or establish new skills, address symptoms, and their appraisal of the person's service needs and life goals
2. Must be able to develop treatments plans that are measurable, use best practices, and indicate significant participation by the person served in the treatment plan documentation and in the delivery of services.
3. Must be able to demonstrate behaviors that recognize the rights of persons served as defined in the patient's rights, demonstrates respect for diversity and shows sensitivity, knowledge and understanding of other cultures.
4. Must understand and comply with rules related to Personal Health Information and ensures that information is shared with other providers, as directed by the person served in a manner consistent with Center policy and HIPAA requirements
5. Must be able to work effectively with others, be part of a team and be willing to take on new tasks and responsibilities when requested.
6. Must be able to complete urine drug screens on patients, observed and unobserved and complete alcohol breathalyzer tests on patients
7. Must be able to provide effective and accurate documentation in progress notes, discharge summary and other required reports.
8. Must have adequate and above minimal computer skills by being able to work with a computer based program, input data and find and report on data
9.Provide oversight to other clinicians at the program (Master's level) and provide signature sign off on treatment plans and other required documents
10. Must be willing to accept other duties as required to meet program and departmental goals and objectives.
11. This position is responsible for the coordination and delivery of clinical services to include family, group and individual therapy for assigned clients. Assigned clients may include scheduled and unscheduled clients.
12. This position description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of skills, abilities, duties or responsibilities that are required for this position. In order to meet the needs of the organization, management may, at its discretion, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time with or without notice.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Specific competencies required are identified on a department/program specific basis. The following are general and apply to all positions with this title.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Physical Demand:The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions