Location: Lake City, FL.
Salary Range: $55,000-$58,000.
This full time clinical position is primarily home based, providing clinical services via telehealth to clients living within Meridian coverage area, from the clinicians residence. This advanced professional counseling position provides clinical evaluation, treatment, and consultation services utilizing telehealth equipment and web based therapeutic modules, real-time, in two-way communication with client. Services offered in this online treatment service are part of clients's treatment plan with Meridian. A typical client may have a mild to severe mental health issues and/or substance use addiction. It is essential that the clinician is able to build professional empathetic relationships with clients, while providing efficient and appropriate direct clinical services.
MA/MS required from an accredited university with major course work in the areas of psychology, sociology, social work, health education or a related human services field. Current Florida licensure as LMHC, LMAF or LCSW required.
Outpatient clinical experience preferred. Work experience must include work with population to be served.
Must have a current Florida Driver's License with a clean driving record while meeting company insurance requirements
In order to qualify as a Center Driver, the candidate must at least 21 years of age and have an active Florida Driver's license. Motor Vehicle Record will be reviewed for eligibility. No more than 3 moving violations and/or accidents within the past 3 years and no major violations during the past 5 years. Drivers over 65 years old must provide a current doctor's note stating they have no driving limitations.
1. Perform clinical assessments to determine diagnosis, level of care, treatment plan, and make recommendations to other agencies about these issues as needed.
2. Provides therapy services to assigned clients and/or family members in accordance with Center guidelines and procedures, and best practice standards for his/her profession. Any of the following may apply:
· Services are provided primarily via telehealth from clinician's home.
· The clinician shall is responsible to establish an appropriate environment for telehealth sessions. The clinician shall provide a room with reasonable expectation of privacy and confidentiality, ability to hear each other clearly without distraction during a two-way real-time session, and adequate lighting and positioning of the webcam so that clinician is clearly visible.
· Clinician home internet connectivity must carry sufficient amount of bandwidth to perform telehealth.
· Assessments and therapy services are offered primarily through telehealth equipment, inclusive of using therapy assisted therapy modules.
4. Therapy is offered to clients with a range of problems including, but not limited to,
· Mental health issues, based on DSM diagnosis
· Substance abuse/dependence, based on DSM diagnosis
· Issues related to sexual, physical, emotional abuse and its consequences.
· Therapy modalities are best practice/evidence based.
5. Crisis intervention/assessment
· Telephone screening for need for services or eligibility
· Face-to-face screenings via telehealth to determine need for inpatient admission.
· Provides consultation services to staff from other agencies also working with the client.
· Provide sufficient services to meet revenue requirements: 1170 billed hours per year.
6. Facilitates continuity of services within the agency and community for assigned clients.
7. Documents all services provided in a timely and accurate manner in electronic medical record, consistent with Center guidelines and procedures, and best practice standards for his/her profession.
8. Documents all services and job duties as required for billing, payroll, and reimbursement purposes, in accordance with Center guidelines and procedures.
9. Specific competencies required are identified on a department/program specific basis and identified in each employee's Competency Checklist. The following are general and apply to all positions with this title.
10. This position is responsible for the coordination and delivery of clinical services. Assigned clients may include scheduled and unscheduled clients. Client s may be in their home or at a Meridian service location.
11. This position description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of skills, abilities, duties or responsibilities that are required for this position. In order to meet the needs of the organization, management may, at its discretion, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time with or without notice.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Specific competencies required are identified on a department/program specific basis and identified in each employee's Competency Checklist. The following are general and apply to all positions with this title.
Meridian is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are fully committed to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin, age, marital status, disability (physical or mental), family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service or because they are a protected veteran or other non-merit based factors.