Location: Gainesville, FL
Pay Rate: $11.00/hr
This position will cook, prepare and serve meals to the residential/inpatient programs which include minimal record keeping, following menu guide, preparation of special diets and housekeeping of the kitchen area while following infection control standards.
The ideal candidate should have 6 months' experience in food service, as a line/prep cook with restaurant and/or cafeteria experience.
Graduation from a standard high school or equivalent preferred.
Must have a current Florida Driver's License with a clean driving record while meeting company insurance requirements since this position is required to transport food from Kitchen to CSU and other areas on campus.
In order to qualify as a Center Driver, the candidate must at least 21 years of age and have an active Florida Driver's license. Motor Vehicle Record will be reviewed for eligibility. No more than 3 moving violations and/or accidents within the past 3 years and no major violations during the past 5 years. Drivers over 65 years old must provide a current doctor's note stating they have no driving limitations.
· Ability to read and follow menu in preparation of meals
· Ability to cook adequate amount needed for each meal
· Ability to serve meals and adhere to portion control so each consumer gets the required amount of each food item
· Demonstrate excellent customer service skills
· Transport food to CSU and serve consumers
· Transport stock items to other units throughout campus
· Record all food removed from storage to maintain a proper inventory
· Keep records for productivity
· General housekeeping of the kitchen includes; washing pots, pans and serving pieces, cleaning all prep areas, sweep and/or mop floors, removal of trash
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Specific competencies required are identified on a department/program specific basis and identified in each employee's Competency Checklist. The following are general and apply to all positions with this title.
Meridian is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are fully committed to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin, age, marital status, disability (physical or mental), family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service or because they are a protected veteran or other non-merit based factors.