Location: Gainesville, FL.
Salary Range: $50,000- $70,000/year.
Medical practice managers work closely with the medical practitioners of the medical department(s) to develop business strategies, formulate budgets and address daily operations. These medical professionals are in charge of making sure the practice(s) is running smoothly and successfully. This position is also responsible for the management of all Physicians' schedules using the Electronic Health Record.
Education Requirements: Bachelor's Degree in Healthcare Management or related field preferred
Experience Requirements: 3 - 5 years of professional experience in managing operations of a department. Exceptional leadership and analytical skills. Must have a high level of proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Excel and Word. Extensive knowledge and understanding of Electronic Health Record utilization, HIPAA, CFR 42 and billing regulations.
** Must be able to type at least 27 wpm on prescreen assessment and score at least 65% on general assessment.
Must have a current Florida Driver's License with a clean driving record while meeting company insurance requirements
In order to qualify as a Center Driver, the candidate must at least 21 years of age and have an active Florida Driver's license. Motor Vehicle Record will be reviewed for eligibility. No more than 3 moving violations and/or accidents within the past 3 years and no major violations during the past 5 years. Drivers over 65 years old must provide a current doctor's note stating they have no driving limitations.
1. The primary duties of a practice manager are to plan, coordinate, direct and supervise most elements of the medical department.
2. Manage medical practitioners' schedules
3. Supervise Certified Medical Assistants.
4. Manage the Physicians' On-Call schedules for the CSU and medical On-Call to ensure there is always adequate coverage for both Crisis Stabilization Units as well as immediate medical needs.
5. Oversee and design patient services or implement work policies for the department.
6. Maintain direct and daily interactions with medical staff and patients.
7. Address and manage technical issues and daily patient flow making system improvements as identified.
8. Coordinate and provide necessary trainings on e-prescribing and use of the Electronic Health Record for practitioners.
9. Work to resolve client concerns effectively.
10. Must be able to effectively lead a diverse team and possess strong communication skills.
11. Must be extremely efficient, organized and resourceful.
12. Must possess skills to maximize practice efficiency and look for opportunities to reduce operating costs.
13. Must be adaptable and able to function well in a fast-paced environment.
14. Will need to have great interpersonal skills to deal with many personalities and patient needs.
15. Lead and coordinate the use of telehealth effectively to maximize medical team efficiency.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Specific competencies required are identified on a department/program specific basis and identified in each employee's Competency Checklist. The following are general and apply to all positions with this title.