Location: Gainesville, FL
Pay Rate: $15.26 Hr
Off Sunday & Monday
8 am-5 pm Tuesday - Saturday
This is a professional position that works closely with an interdisciplinary team to assist in providing and coordinating services in an acute care inpatient setting for clients, their families, inpatient/outpatient Meridian staff, community agencies, and insurance carriers.
Education: Bachelor's degree in social work, counseling, psychology or related field from an established college or university.
Experience: This is an entry level position. New graduates will be considered. Some experience in discharge planning or case management from a behavioral healthcare setting is preferred.
- Establishes and maintains a welcoming therapeutic relationship with clients while working collaboratively with doctors, nurses, emergency screeners, unit counselors, and other staff to provide the best therapeutic experience for the patient
- Ensures care is coordinated within Meridian and external agencies caring for our patients
- Coordinates discharge planning and post discharge contact to reduce recidivism
- Conducts family meetings and gathers collateral information for treatment and discharge planning
- Regularly attends and participates in daily treatment team meetings to ensure appropriate client care
- Administers care based on the client's individualized Treatment Plan, assessment of client status, and progress toward desired outcomes
- Conducts psycho-educational groups and therapeutic activities according to the individualized treatment plan at direction of Unit Counselor and/or Supervisor
- Ensures accuracy and concurrency in documentation
- Performs other duties as required to meet program and departmental goals and objectives
- Willing to be an active participant in client restraints, as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Specific competencies required are identified on a department/program specific basis and identified in each employee's Competency Checklist. The following are general and apply to all positions with this title.