Gainesville / Lake City
Pay: $18.00-$20.00 / Hour - Detox | $19.00-$21.00 / Hour - CSU
Part Time / Full Time / PRN Available
This position is responsible for the provision of direct client care and interaction under the supervision of a Registered Nurse (RN), Nurse Manager or physician. The LPN provides medication administration, wound care, patient and family education and historical data collection. Documents care provided in the clinical record. The population served includes children and adults. OSHA Statement: This position has potential for exposure to blood and body fluids.
Medications prn's and scheduled, orders, therapeutic activities - ensures completion, shift note, medication inventory and ordering (night shift), provide input to physician, obtain patients for MD, peer evaluations to assist Nurse Manager/Charge RN.
Willing to be an active participant in client restraints, as needed.
· Clear/Active license to practice as an LPN in the State of Florida.
· Experience in an inpatient psychiatric unit preferred.
Qualifications to determine pay:
· 3 years of experience with Mental Health population, Crisis Units, Corrections or psych settings will be eligible for higher end of pay scale. Substance abuse experience will count for Residential/OTP/Detox only. Experience must be met while utilizing respective license, this must be verified.
· Employment of Agency work or PRN elsewhere will not count toward total length of service experience. PRN at Meridian DOES count towards experience if working as LPN.
· Note: Our PRN's who work both CSU/Detox will receive higher rate. Those who only work PRN in Detox will receive lower rate.
Staff is required to stay over shift until appropriate and sufficient staff has arrived. At times, in circumstances of staff call-outs, increased client acuity or supervisor requests, staff is required to stay until dismissed by RN Shift Manager, Staffing Department or Administrator on-call. Violation of this may result in disciplinary action, up to and including termination.
General Organizational Responsibilities:
Enforces Standard Precautions and Transmission-based Precautions in all aspects of client care.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Specific competencies required are identified on a department/program specific basis and identified in each employee's Competency Checklist. The following are general and apply to all positions with this title.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.