This is routine manual work consisting of extensive
preventative maintenance and repair procedures on all Meridian facilities,
grounds, mechanical equipment, and utility systems. Under general supervision, this position will
perform a wide variety of maintenance duties in order to provide a clean,
orderly, and safe environment; and perform related work as required. This position is reviewed through reports and
observations and has potential exposure to blood and body fluids. Personal protective equipment may be needed
while performing some maintenance duties.
High School diploma, general education degree or two years related maintenance experience. Plumbing, HVAC, or electrical certification preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and must be able to work independently with little or no supervision and have good time management skills. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must have a current Florida Driver's License with a clean driving record while meeting company insurance requirements
1. Report to work based on department's schedule for employee.
2. Perform preventative maintenance.
3. Maintain inventory control of maintenance supplies, departmental tools, and equipment.
4. Assist in tracking work orders for facility repairs.
5. Perform facility maintenance and repairs such as replacement of window glass, plumbing repairs, HVAC repairs and maintenance, exterior repairs, lighting, minor electrical, floor and trim repair, blinds and other facility maintenance as needed.
6. Maintain security, including lock replacement, door handles, window locks, key pads, security codes and specific knowledge of security panels.
7. Work independently, available 24 hours on-call, to resolve problems that arise.
8. Provide center-wide customer service while maintaining a positive attitude.
9. Proactively identify problems and propose effective solutions by filling out work orders and informing supervisor.
10. Ensure all required safety standards are in accordance with CARF requirements.
11. Knowledge of fire alarm, building alarms, security systems and procedures.
12. Restock housekeeping supplies in all areas as needed.
13. Attend meetings as assigned.
14. Ensure all safety standards are followed.
15. Complete tasks with minimal follow up.
16. Adapt quickly to changing situations with a calm attitude.
17. Perform other duties as required to meet program and departmental goals.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Specific competencies required are identified on a department/program specific basis and identified in each employee's Competency Checklist. The following are general and apply to all positions with this title.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Physical Demand:The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions