Location: Gainesville, FL
Salary: $40,000.00 to $63,000.00
This position is responsible for managing the learning and development programs for the center and acts as a liaison to center management to evaluate, design/procure, record and coordinate the training initiatives and development needs for the center. This individual will work on HR projects to include policy development and rollouts, conduct HR-related training and be part of a team approach to solving workplace problems. This is an exempt position.
A Master's degree in Business, Organizational Development, Industrial Relations, or Human Resource Management and three years of professional training/development experience
A Bachelor's degree in Business, Organizational Development, Industrial Relations, or Human Resource Management and five years of professional training/development experience.
Experience developing computer based
training programs preferred.
· Ensure maintenance of data in the Human Resources Information System (HRIS) and MeL as it relates to training/development. Partner with HR staff to ensure all new-hires are entered into the databases in a timely manner. Assist with updates to PNV report as required.
· Partner with managers to identify and prioritize training and development needs and identify solutions. Work cross-functionally with different departments to ensure education and development curriculum is current, focused and performance oriented and complies with program and statutory requirements.
· Identify employee needs with regard to reoccurring performance issues, training options and career planning. Make recommendations accordingly. Team with Human Resources Director to coordinate, document and record employee evaluation, development, and disciplinary programs.
· Manage all external and internal learning related systems and resources for maximum efficiency and effectiveness. Prepare recommendations for development and/or revisions to the organization's training budget.
· Responsible for the strategic alignment of the training function with the organization's goals and objectives and obtaining stakeholder support for imperative training initiatives. Evaluates training performance to determine whether training is meeting business needs and improving organizational performance. Develops and delivers learning solutions that meet business needs using needs assessments and evaluative information. Requires competency in employee development, principles and practices related to strategic planning, evaluating and administering training, organizational development and career development initiatives as well as creativity and innovation.
· Responsible for completing an annual strategic training plan as well as training compliance plan to share with auditors.
· Drive the creation of training curriculum to facilitate strategic training based on organization's goals.
· Select and manage resources, including working with both internal employees and training vendors to develop and deliver training.
· Keep abreast of training trends, developments and best practices.
· Superb track record in developing, executing and facilitating successful training programs at all levels of the organization, including management training.
· Develop training that includes writing course objectives, selecting appropriate training methods, designing training evaluations, and evaluating program performance. Provide necessary educational tools and materials to managers and employees including workshops, "train the trainer" courses, manuals, e-Learning courses, etc.
· Develop training manuals that target tangible results.
· Drive brand values and philosophy through all training and development activities.
· Monitor required training for each center position and ensure training is available, scheduled, attended and documented for all relevant staff. Provide related reports to management on a timely basis.
· Create and distribute monthly/quarterly training calendars including posting to Employee Website.
· Provide input to Vice President, Human Resources regarding potential enhancements to current human resource policies/practices.
· Maintain a positive, proactive customer service approach through cooperation and communication within the HR department and other departments/programs within the organization.
· Must possess a sense of ownership and pride in one's performance and its impact on company success.
· Efficiently manage the training budget.
· Meticulous attention to detail and strong organizational and time management skills.
other duties as required to meet program and departmental goals and objectives
or as assigned by Vice President, Human Resources.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:Specific competencies required are identified on a department/program specific basis and identified in each employee's Competency Checklist