Gainesville /Lake City
Pay: $12.50 Hr (Non CNA)
*Less than 3 yrs experience in mental health
$13.50 Hr (Non CNA) *More than 3 yrs experience in mental health
$13.74 Hr (CNA) *Less than 3 yrs experience in mental health
$15.26 Hr (CNA) *More than 3 yrs experience in mental health
This position is responsible for the provision of direct client care and interaction under the supervision of an RN, RN Shift Manager, physician or designated delegate. In addition, documents or assists with completion of documentation. This position has potential for exposure to blood and body fluids. 15-minute client checks, therapeutic activities, vital signs, 1:1's if required, care and custody, snacks and food ordering, hygiene supplies, other assignments as directed by RN; Detox Unit - calls for appointments, maintains wait list. Willing to be an active participant in client restraints, as needed.
(Please note: Center Driver is required for the full time/part time Mental Health Technician positions designated for transportation, or to pick up any transportation shifts.
In order to qualify as a Center
Driver, the candidate must at least 21 years of age and have an active Florida
Driver's license. Motor Vehicle Record will be reviewed for
eligibility. No more than 3 moving violations and/or accidents within the
past 3 years and no major violations during the past 5 years. Drivers over 65
years old must provide a current doctor's note stating they have no driving
limitations. While driving is not required for most positions, preference
is given to candidates that qualify as center drivers.
1. *Must attend mandatory CSU meetings held once a month*
2. Greets clients in the screening area: Inventories personal effects and screens for contraband. Performs breath alcohol testing and vital signs. Obtains urine for on-site drug screen. Assures client confidentiality while obtaining their vitals signs including weight, heart rate, blood pressure, and height for children. Notifies RN on duty of readings outside of identified parameters. Applies wristband identification. Uses digital camera to provide photo identification. Initiates "Flow Sheet" documentation. Enters the client's name and key number on all necessary forms. Accompanies client to the unit.
3. Front Desk/Booth Requirements: Inventory, search, initial vitals, UDS, create/update demographics, picture, planned services, armband, open screening, d/c - check for d/c order, visitor check in, return property, & ensure accuracy, call for drivers, meridian greeter, close out admission from ES; Future - d/c checklist ensure proper d/c in system, ensure d/c paperwork, ensure d/c follow up appointment.
4. Assures client personal hygiene is met daily: Provides items to clients for hygiene needs (i.e. linens, toothbrushes, toothpaste, shampoo, combs, etc.) Assists with, or provides direct assistance to, clients who have difficulty meeting their personal hygiene needs.
5. Assures vital signs are taken and documented at least daily or as ordered by the RN or physician.
6. Assists in completion of documentation: Documents client observations using "Flow Sheet". Documents group interactions on the "Group … Documents vital signs on client "Vital Signs" sheet. As needed, documents actual fluid or food intake using "Fluid and Food Intake Record" Notifies RN or physician of any verbal interaction or observations which may be related to client self-harm or harm to others or concerns for potential abuse of a child, partner, or elder.
7. Assists with maintaining a safe and therapeutic environment: Works with LPN and Charge Nurse to provide appropriate coverage during assigned shift. Provides individual and group orientation to milieu and structure. Provides for group interaction via community meetings, planned outdoor activities, games, etc. Monitors the unit and the clients for contraband. Utilizes therapeutic communication techniques to prevent client escalation. Utilizes therapeutic communication techniques to de-escalate disruptive clients. Utilizes appropriate physical interventions to prevent client self-harm or harm to others. Provides appropriate support and guidance to coworkers and seeks appropriate direction.
8. This position will be responsible for transporting CSU Gainesville and CSU Lake City clients to and from different location within the state of Florida.
1. Customer Service: Greets clients as soon as possible after check-in and provides welcoming atmosphere. Provides confidentiality by modulating voice during vitals signs and other documentation. When not engaged in work-related tasks or activities, keeps personal conversation quiet to avoid being misinterpreted by nearby clients. Treats all customers - clients, staff, other departments - with courtesy. When answering the phone, identifies the unit and their name (first name only). Utilizing therapeutic communication techniques, attempts to address client concerns in a timely fashion, engages co-workers as needed and reports all client concerns to the Charge Nurse. Keeps unit clean by wiping down tables, chairs, etc..daily. Make sure the unit is clean at all times and maintains compliance within all sanitation standards and regulations while on duty.
2. Communication: Documents clearly and effectively utilizing appropriate forms. As needed, assists in updating Kardex. Seeks information as needed. Attends staff meetings. Attendance at staff meetings is expected and paid for. If unable to attend in person, review of minutes is expected. Attendance at fewer than one-half of the meetings scheduled is subject to review by the RN Shift Supervisor. Coordinates breaks with Charge RN and/or other staff members as appropriate. Requests time off with required notice and notifies the Staffing Department as soon as possible if calling off for illness or emergency and adheres to the Absenteeism/Tardy Policy.
3. Team Work: Orients and mentors new staff members as needed and as appropriate. Considerate of other team members. Channels questions, suggestions, and constructive criticism appropriately. Works with the team to identify opportunities for improvement. Flexible and adapts well to change- you agree that you will not always be assigned to your designated department. Cross-department work is common and a spirit of cooperation is needed.
4. Staff is required to stay over shift until appropriate and sufficient staff has arrived. At times, in circumstances of staff call-outs, increased client acuity or supervisor requests, staff is required to stay until dismissed by RN Shift Manager, Staffing Department or Administrator on-call.
Violation in any of these above areas may result in disciplinary action, up to and including termination
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Specific competencies required are identified on a department/program specific basis and identified in each employee's Competency Checklist. The following are general and apply to all positions with this title.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions