Location: Lake City, FL or Gainesville, FL (as needed)
Masters degree in a Counseling Related Field Required
Salary: Un-Licensed $18.58 Hr. | License: $26 - $ 27 Hr.
Crisis Stablization Unit (CSU)
Meridian's Crisis Stabilization Units (CSUs) provide short-term stabilization for crisis and serious mental health issues for adults (40 beds) and children (10 beds). Each unit serves as a Baker Act Receiving Facility, accepting any patient that meets Baker Act criteria. CSUs provide physical and psychiatric evaluations, medication, counseling and discharge planning. CSUs may also petition the court for longer-term treatment as needed. Follow-up psychiatric and clinical services may be provided in the office of the client's county of residence, either at Meridian or a provider of the patient's choice. For More Information: http://www.mbhci.org/treatment-and-service/crisis-services/crisis-stabilization-units
This is advanced professional clinical work conducting emergency assessments for clients who present at Crisis Stabilization in crisis seeking mental health stabilization. Emergency Screeners provide 24/7 Emergency Intake and Evaluation services for both voluntary and Baker Act adults and children.
Master's Degree from an accredited college or university, in psychology, social work, counseling, or a related field.
One year proven experience working with clients in the mental health field.
1. Conducts assessments for clients through telephone and face-to-face contact to determine treatment needs.
2. Determines appropriate service provider based on clinical, demographic, and payer requirements.
3. Serves as client and center advocate, consultant, and liaison with a wide variety of community agencies to ensure client continuity of care.
4. Facilitates continuity of services within the agency and community for clients seen in Emergency Screening.
5. Documents all services provided in a timely and accurate manner, consistent with Center guidelines and procedures, and best practice standards for his/her profession.
6. Documents all services and job duties as required for billing, payroll, and reimbursement purposes, in accordance with Center guidelines and procedures.
7. Performs other duties as required to meet program and departmental goals and objectives.
8. MUST be flexible on shifts and availability
9. Must be willing to work in either Gainesville Emergency Screening Unit or in Lake City Emergency Screening Unit.Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Specific competencies required are identified on a department/program specific basis and identified in each employees Competency Checklist. The following are general and apply to all positions with this title.
I. Has adequate assessment/evaluation skills
A. Can effectively diagnose using DSM 5.
B. Can articulate developmental issues and how these affect assessment and treatment.
C. Is aware of cultural and gender related issues that may affect assessment of client needs and treatment planning.
D. Can identify signs and indicators of abuse
E. Can determine the need for Crisis Stabilization
II. Has adequate treatment skills
A. Appropriately applies behavioral, cognitive, and other family interventions in manner sensitive to the age and special needs of the client
B. Has facility with time effective treatment strategies
C. Understands how abuse needs to be addressed in treatment
D. Can formulate treatment problems, goals and objectives based on assessment data
E. Understands how to effectively integrate family/caregiver in treatment
F. Understands the nature of and maintains appropriate professional boundaries (e.g., can examine the use of self in therapy, transference/counter-transference issues)
G. Provides culturally competent care
III. Has adequate consultation skills
A. Understands the needs of host agency(ies).
B. Is respectful of aims and personnel in host agency.
C. Adapts to the host environment