Location: Jasper, FL
Rate of Pay: $12.00/Hr Gainesville/Lake City
$12.25/Hr. All other locations | Non-Exempt
Serves as liaison between client relations units and functions as a team leader for a particular unit. The work required the use of independent judgment and initiative in carrying out duties and responsibilities of maintaining a professional office setting, and the ability to provide clerical support on all levels within the Center. This position requires heavy public contact.
· An Associate of Arts (AA) degree, preferably in Business, and experience in general clerical, secretarial, receptionist experience, preferably including third party billing
· Graduation from a standard high school or its equivalent and two years of general office, secretarial or clerical experience, one of which must be in dealing with the public, preferably in a clinical setting and/or dealing with third-party billing.
· ** Must be able to type at least 27 wpm on prescreen assessment and score at least 65% on general assessment.
Meridian is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are fully committed to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin, age, marital status, disability (physical or mental), family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service or because they are a protected veteran or other non-merit based factors.
· Greet and assist telephone and on-site customers with inquiries and questions; refer to most appropriate department for assistance
· Provide telephone and office coverage during regular business hours and special circumstances.
· Provide receptionist and/or secretarial duties for Department, including but not limited to: transcription, correspondence composition, typing, filing, photocopy, mail sorting and distribution, and scheduling of appointments
· Maintain accounts receivable register, deposits, petty cash, and related service paperwork
· Verify client payor eligibility status and, if managed care payor, process appropriate paperwork to obtain authorization for payment of service
· Create, maintain, and update in Profiler files and other databases/ spreadsheets and/or other information used to track information for department, and provide reports on such information as needed
· Maintain and update Center Wide Policy Manual, Procedure Manuals, as well as Program-specific policies and procedures in Department, assisting supervisor with employee notification and training, when necessary
· Conduct and monitor the preparation and distribution of appointment notices, service lists/statements, collections notes/statement, reports and procedures as needed/required for program/office
· Coordinate clinic doctor schedules and clients appointments, including on-going evaluation and initiation of necessary changes to maintain a smooth, efficient running clinic.
· Performs other duties as required to meet program and departmental goals and objectives.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:Specific competencies required are identified on a department/program specific basis and identified in each employee's Competency Checklist.