Location: Gainesville, FL
Rate of Pay: $24.00/hr
The Senior Accountant, reporting to the VP of Finance, will be responsible for a significant portion of the month-end close and reporting processes including preparing and posting journal entries, account reconciliations, and various analysis activities. This role will also prepare year-end audit schedules and assist management with various workflow, controls, and accounting process improvement projects. A strong knowledge of US GAAP and accounting practices and procedures is required.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, or a related field, and at least 5 years' experience in Accounting. Professional level accounting experience can substitute for the required education. Healthcare experience preferred.
· Preparation of journal entries for month-end Closing.
· Balance sheet account reconciliations.
· Monthly financial statement variance analysis.
· Preparation of work papers for annual financial audit.
· Prepare Monthly Profit and Loss Statements for distribution to all organizational departments.
· Respond to inquiries from all departments regarding various financial information.
· Prepare adhoc financial reports as requested. For month-end Closing, updating of the P&L Summary Reports, and the Dashboard report, in addition to Cash Flow statements.
· Provide direction to the NHP Bookkeper on special projects, as assigned.
· Assist in developing and maintaining internal financial control procedures.
· Provide direction and training to NHP Bookkeeper on NHP/NSP month-end Closing tasks.
· Assist CFO and/or VP of Finance with special projects, as necessary.
· Develop new financial reports, as necessary.
· Ability to work cross functionally with all levels to perform job duties.
· Monthly reconciliation of Meridian's bank accounts, Spendnet account, and NHP properties bank accounts (23 in total - most of them are small accounts).
· Complete weekly and bi-weekly wire transfers for Insurance and Payroll expenses.
· Review and posting of Fiscal Specialist's and NHP Bookeeper's JV, A/R, AP, and Cash Disbursement entries.
· Prepare month-end and bi-weekly Payroll reports to be used in creation of monthly financial statements.
· Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:Specific competencies required are identified on a department/program specific basis and identified in each employee's Competency Checklist
Meridian is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are fully committed to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin, age, marital status, disability (physical or mental), family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service or because they are a protected veteran or other non-merit based factors.