This is an advanced professional clinical position providing psychiatric services to Meridian's target populations. This position requires that the psychiatrist work with patients and within a multi-disciplinary staff to provide patient care and oversee services provided by lesser credentialed clinical providers. Work is performed with a high degree of independence and reviewed through observation, peer review, conferences and reports.
1. Provides timely and appropriate psychiatric, substance abuse and/or medical evaluation for patients to determine treatment needs.
2. Provides medication management and ongoing care consistent with current practice standards.
3. Documents services in a timely, accurate manner, consistent with Center procedure and applicable standards.
4. Performs a sufficient volume of sufficient services to produce budgeted revenue.
5. Provide consultation and training to fellows, residents, students, nurse practitioners, physician assistants and other clinical staff, as needed.
6. Professional services may be provided in an outpatient, inpatient or residential treatment setting.
7. Complies with needed chart reviews, consultations and staffing required by Meridian policy or 3rd party standards.
8. Performs other duties as required to meet program and departmental goals and objectives.
An M.D. or D.O. degree from an accredited medical school, with completion of a 4-year psychiatric residence in an approved program.
Must be Board Certified in Psychiatry or Board Eligible and possess license to practice medicine in the State of Florida.
Must have knowledge of community mental health programs, services and practices and practical experience in the evaluation, diagnosis and treatment of a wide range of psychiatric illnesses.
Must have the ability to document and review services within an electronic medical record.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to write speeches and articles using original or innovative techniques or style. Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing.
Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
I have read the minimum qualifications. I attest that I am able to meet the qualifications including the physical demands (including gross motor skills and fine motor skills) that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.