Location: Gainesville, FL.
Salary Range: $70,000 - $78,000/year.
This is a highly responsible position that ensures safe, effective, person centered, timely, efficient, and equitable services for residents in our HUD and related housing properties, to participants in the Progressive Alternative to Homelessness (PATH), Supportive Services for Veterans and Families (SSVF) and Meridian's Lodge programs. The Vice President is expected to interact with stakeholders, internal and external, and is frequently required to represent Meridian's executive management team to these stakeholders. He/she is responsible for compliance with all PATH/SSVF/Lodge standards and must ensure that these standards are followed. He/she must also ensure that all housing units are properly maintained and that the housing units remain occupied. This position is responsible for maintaining relationships with HUD. Section 202/8 and 811/PRAC program regulations as well as the Authority's policies and procedures. The Vice President will conduct, develop and implement MBHC's procedures and manuals for inspecting files in accordance with requirements for current residents, and will train others in such procedures. Required reports are to be submitting accurately and timely. The work requires considerable management, financial, and business expertise. The work requires the use of independent judgment and initiative in carrying out duties and responsibilities. Supervision is under the supervision of the Senior Vice President/CCO.
· Master's Degree in Business Administration or related field from an accredited college or university.
· Additional education or training pertinent to mental health/substance use issues is preferred but not required.
· ** Must be able to type at least 27 wpm on prescreen assessment and score at least 65% on general assessment.
Must have a current Florida Driver's License with a clean driving record while meeting company insurance requirements.
In order to qualify as a Center Driver, the candidate must at least 21 years of age and have an active Florida Driver's license. Motor Vehicle Record will be reviewed for eligibility. No more than 3 moving violations and/or accidents within the past 3 years and no major violations during the past 5 years. Drivers over 65 years old must provide a current doctor's note stating they have no driving limitations.
· Performs monitoring and follow-up of MBHC's day-to-day housing management and compliance functions.
· Maintains on-going policy training, quality control reviews, and management reviews to assure continued program compliance and integrity.
· Develops and implements appropriate monitoring techniques and reports in order to ensure that our program and compliance responsibilities to HUD are operating efficiently and effectively.
· Provides training and technical assistance to department staff and prepares step-by-step procedural instructions for various job functions within each program.
· Serves as the Executive Director of NHP Properties.
· Serves as the primary point of contact with staff at HUD
· Meets established deadline for all programs.
· Review findings with the Sr. Vice-President and Chief Financial Officer on an at least monthly basis and the Board of Directors of each project under management every three (3) months.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Specific competencies required are identified on a department/program specific basis and identified in each employee's Competency Checklist. The following are general and apply to all positions with this title.
· Strong organizational skills and must be detailed oriented.
· Maintains expertise in applicable Code of Federal Regulations, HUD rules and regulations, relevant federal, state and local laws as well as agency policies, administrative processes and procedures.
· Ensures policies, procedures and forms are in compliance with regulations and program requirements.
· Prepares step-by-step guides on various job functions.
· Maintains and creates written policies, procedures and handbooks for MBHC pertinent to the specific programs and housing management.
· Strong commitment to the professional development of staff.
· Knowledge of the enhancement of administrative efficiencies through appropriate application of communication information technologies.
· Ability to monitor dashboards to ensure compliance with program standards.
· Leadership skills to develop, implement, and sustain a productive organization.
· Ability to apply considerable levels of concentration constantly throughout the day.
· Ability to perform effectively with constant interruption and while continuing to meet deadlines.
· Ability to effectively communicate verbally, individually and in groups with internal contacts, property owners, and other organizations or officials as appropriate.
· Ability to negotiate and resolve conflict.
· Skills to prepares and understand budgets and detail monthly financial statements.
· Ability to be discreet and handle confidential information.
· Ability to effectively write letters, reports, grants, procedures, maintain documentation and complete required forms.
· Has the ability to manage multiple programs and diverse staff.
· Knowledge and experience to expand NHP and Housing Services at Meridian through grants and other sources
· Proficiency in the operation of a personal computer, including word processing, spreadsheet, data base and presentation applications as well as ability to search the Internet.