This is a professional clinical position that will report to the Forensic Manager to provide, as core of duties, case management, jail screening, and follow-up and service delivery to individuals with mental health and substance abuse issues being diverted from the jail and forensic state hospitals. This person must be able to work independently and have the ability to work well with other agencies such as the Courts, jail and community partners.
Forensic Case Manager Bachelor's degree required, criminology, counseling/mental health, social work or related field. Preference will be given to individuals that have at least one year of their experience or training in the following areas: benefits coordination, identification and access to appropriate housing, workforce development and/or co-occurring disorders treatment.
Must have a current Florida Driver's License with a clean driving record while meeting company insurance requirements
- Provide services pre re-arrest thereby increasing public safety, decreasing incarceration cost
- Identify and provide assessment of individuals in target population including jail screenings
- Understand the Sequential Intercept Model
- Share information and coordinate transition to later intercept points
- GAINS Reentry and Risk-Need-Responsivity tool
- HCR-20 Risk assessment
- Ensure continuity between jail, treatment providers and Courts,
- Work with recipients to enhance adherence
- Work with community evaluators to provide Courts and Specialty courts with options
- Ensure on-going supervision, treatment, and intensive case management,
- Ensure referrals to housing and vocational/educational supports
- Transition to these resources as appropriate
- Provide treatment and rehabilitation to individuals who are potentially Incompetent to Proceed or Not Guilty by Reason of Insanity or are deemed by the court to be Incompetent to Proceed or Not Guilty by Reason of Insanity.
- Incorporate motivational interviewing and recovery-oriented engagement strategies, key elements of the ACT model, including pre-arrest intervention, jail in-reach, community outreach, intensive case management, and mental health and co-occurring substance abuse treatment.
- Provide practical, real-world support in coping with life's day-to-day demands through teaching, modeling, and coaching approaches to rehabilitation.
- Identify eligible mentally ill participants based on a thorough screening and assessment to include arrest and psychiatric histories.
- Effectively provide diversion, supervision, and treatment services to reduce the cycle of re-arrest and exacerbation of symptoms
- Help enhance treatment efficacy and public safety
- Provide re-entry services such as treatment services, intensive case management, benefits coordination, vocational services, housing, and systemic collaboration with the justice system until participants are well stabilized.
- Provide services where the client resides
- Offer input and assist in discharge planning for any participant released from custody or in-patient care.
- Maintain close working relationships with the Meridian Forensic Clinical Specialists, State Attorney, Public Defender, Court Services, state hospitals and the Courts to best navigate the participant's cases through the legal system
- Performs other duties as required to meet program and departmental goals and objectives.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:Specific competencies required are identified on a department/program specific basis and identified in each employee's Competency Checklist.
Meridian is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are fully committed to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin, age, marital status, disability (physical or mental), family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service or because they are a protected veteran or other non-merit based factors.