Location: Gainesville, FL
Rate of Pay: $63,000-$68,000
Manages, designs, and implements all aspects of Meridian's EMR solution and other integrated software that supports Meridian services. This position will have a broad sphere of control across all programs and divisions as it relates to the implementation, continuity and efficiency of our EMR. Manages and maintains the software upgrades and enhancements related to the EMR. Responsibilities require an understanding of the overall workings of Meridian programs and divisions, with emphasis on best practices, compliance and efficiency. This position will Interface with staff, clients and external stakeholders with regards to the EMR and data reporting. Position works to identify new areas for implementation to meet meaningful use and other efficiencies. Develops and monitors HIPAA/HITECH security procedures to safeguard PHI data from breach or inadvertent disclosers. Analyzes workflow of healthcare requirements for optimum performance to ensure organization's objectives are met. Develops and writes procedures for training, deployment and ongoing use of Meridian's EMR systems. Manages the IS EMR Specialists and other positions that support information services as required. Will support the IT Helpdesk by organizing training programs procedures are in place for the IT Helpdesk as it relates to support of the EMR. Accordingly, Meridian reserves the unlimited right to revise all or any part of this position description and the functions of the job and to add or eliminate functions of any position. Position is required to adhere to Meridian's policies and procedures.
1. AA Degree or equivalent plus three or more years experience in a medium to large scale enterprises must be related to healthcare and data analysis.
2. Previous experience in areas of project management and software implementation.
3. Experience with Excel (expert), Access (moderate), and basic SQL queries required.
4. Interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to identify needs and define correct course of action related to problem solving.
5. Previous experience writing and utilizing software change management procedures.
6. Previous experience working in behavioral health or CCBHC environment preferred.
Must have a current Florida Driver's License with a clean driving record while meeting company insurance requirements
1. Responsible for overseeing all areas of Meridian's EMR solution and all other software that supports services.
2. Oversees maintenance of Meridian's software systems as it relates to state reporting, reporting issues, working with vendors as needed to resolve the issues. Modifications to reports, and EMR forms.
3. Responsible for all project management required for EMR software implementations.
4. Expected to update Center wide procedures, assist with the creation of workflows, and serve as a resource to all programs and departments as it relates to the utilization of Meridian's systems and ensures accurate data capture.
5. Responsible for the supervision of 4 FTE at any given time.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:Specific competencies required are identified on a department/program specific basis and identified in each employee's Competency Checklist.
Meridian is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are fully committed to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin, age, marital status, disability (physical or mental), family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service or because they are a protected veteran or other non-merit based factors.