Position Summary: This is a highly responsible position directly supporting the CEO and the Board of Directors. The Special Assistant's primary function is to support and coordinate operations for the executive office and Board. S/he is expected to interact directly with stakeholders, internal and external, and is frequently required to represent Meridian's Executive Management Team to these stakeholders at Meridian's Administrative Office and at community meetings and events. The Special Assistant is responsible for ensuring timely access to the Center's leadership, maintaining and safeguarding corporate and other critical records and scheduling meetings, ensuring compliance with board policies and essential governance practices. The Special Assistant manages contracts, ensuring timely completion of documents, maintenance of renewals and revisions, and analyzing changes. The Special Assistant manages and prioritizes correspondence and meetings with staff and others. The Special Assistant should be a highly organized and should always proactively seek strategies to improve Meridian operations while maintaining regular business functions. The position requires supervisory and exemplary customer service expertise. S/he requires the use of independent judgment and initiative in carrying out duties and responsibilities; work is primarily done independently.
Minimum Qualifications: Education: Bachelor's Degree highly preferred, but not required
Experience: A minimum of 5 years' experience working with upper level management and a minimum typing score of 50 words per a min.
- Demonstrable experience of working at a strategic level with a busy, high profile executive leadership team
- Prepare briefings, talking points, presentations and proposals for the President.
- Attend and document meetings with accurate minutes for distribution.
- Work closely with the Present and Executive Leadership to implement and support the mission of Meridian Behavioral Healthcare
- Work with colleagues to ensure effective preparation and follow-up to key Board, management and staff meetings.
- Responsible for the effective running of the President's office.
- Resilience and flexibility, able to work calmly under pressure and deal with a fast changing workload and sometimes demanding deadlines.
- Able to deal with confidential matters discreetly and in a professional manner.
Meridian is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are fully committed to
attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex,
gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, national
origin, age, marital status, disability (physical or mental), family medical history or genetic
information, political affiliation, military service or because they are a protected veteran or
other non-merit based factors.