Location: Gainesville, FL
Rate of Pay: $13.00/hour | Non-Exempt
The Unit Clerk is responsible for performing secretarial/clerical duties while providing top notch customer service skills. He/she functions as the focal communication source in the nursing station. Provides indirect care in the department under the direction of the Unit Supervisor. Ensures Baker Act petitions and medication prior authorizations are completed as required. Performs detailed and accurate audits alongside the Unit Supervisor and compiles information. Maintains work area in neat and orderly manner, being mindful of infection control practices and safety initiatives established by the facility. Follows established policies and procedures relating to client confidentiality. Maintains office and hygiene supplies, completes work orders, and puts away department supplies keeping the department work area clean and organized as directed by the supervisor. Assists the Vice President of Acute Care and the Unit Supervisor, by completing other duties as assigned.
· High School Diploma
· 1-3 years' experience in a clerical setting (preferably healthcare)
· Working in Mental Health and/or Substance Abuse experience preferred.
· 1. Answers phones; screens and routes calls appropriately; maintains client confidentiality when dealing with phone/visitors; demonstrates ability to transfer/utilize phone system.
· 2. Assists in maintenance of clinical charts and records.
· 3. Maintains and updates unit inventory and client statistical information.
· 4. Files Baker Act Petitions and maintains each week's court docket.
· 5. Performs photocopying, faxing, uploading, document disposal and related office functions.
· 6. Manages medication prior authorizations
· 7. Monitors/completes unit work orders and requests
· 8. Maintains staff on-call and stay over logs.
· 9. Performs other duties as assigned or required
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:Specific competencies required are identified on a department/program specific basis and identified in each employee's Competency Checklist.
Meridian is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are fully committed to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin, age, marital status, disability (physical or mental), family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service or because they are a protected veteran or other non-merit based factors.