Gainesville/Lake City, Fl
Assists the Director of Nursing Services in directing the activities of licensed and non-licensed personnel who provide health care and nursing services throughout Meridian. Manages the Acute Care Services on a 24-hour/ 7 days per week basis. Coordinates administrative and nursing functions at the CSU to improve patient care and to disseminate Meridian's goals for each unit/shift. Assists with hiring and disciplinary actions. Directly manages the Nurse Managers and act as a resource for Nurse Managers and Acute Care Services staff and functions. Ensures compliance for employee training and health, develops policies, procedures and protocols for compliance and training, patient care and coordination of pharmacy and other services. Works with other Administrative staff within the Acute Care Department to support the mission and goals of Meridian. The Assistant Director of Nursing Services reports to the Senior Vice President of Clinical Specialties administratively and will assist, liaison and consult with the Director of Nursing Services on clinical nursing issues. Reporting to this position are Nurse Managers, Registered Nurses, Licensed Practical Nurses, Nurse Assistants, Unit Clerk and Mental Health Technicians. in the absence of the Director of Nursing Services, the Assistant Director of Nursing Services performs the duties of the Director. On Call Responsibilities: AOC (Administrator On Call) and NOC in rotation with the three Nurse Managers is required.
Minimum requirements necessary to effectively perform position responsibilities include graduation from an Accredited School of Nursing with at least a Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing or a Master's degree which is strongly preferred. Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Florida with 5-10 years of responsible nursing experience, preferably in a behavioral health care facility and 3-5 years in nursing management; basic computer skills; excellent communication and management skills or an acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience, respect for principles of resident rights, confidentiality, EEO and ADA.
Must have a current Florida Driver's License with a clean driving record while meeting company insurance requirements
· Oversees the nursing practices (i.e. monitoring patient conditions, psychopharmacological drugs, restraint use, referral response etc.) within the Acute Care Department.
· Assists the Director of Nursing Services in the design, implementation and evaluation of nursing systems that ensure consistent delivery of care that maintains and promotes client rights throughout Meridian.
· Conducts nursing rounds on all units alongside Nurse Managers. Serves as back up Charge Nurse, on an as-needed basis.
· Provides reports/recommendations as needed/required for nursing practices to the Senior Vice President of Clinical Specialist and Director of Nursing Services concerning the nursing services operations.
· Assists the Director of Nursing Services and SVP in the development, implementation and evaluation of facility policies, procedures and guidelines on an annual and on-going basis (i.e. nursing, pharmacy, lab, physicians, medical records, etc.).
· Assists the Nurse Managers in ensuring that clients are free from abuse, mistreatment and neglect.
· Establish the administrative roles of the Nurse Managers on each unit.
· Assists the Nurse Managers and other staff in ensuring knowledge, awareness and compliance with Federal and State regulations relative to client and employee rights issues.
· Participates in the on-call rotation, as assigned.
· Develops policies, procedures and protocols for compliance and training, patient care and coordination of pharmacy and other services.
· Works with other Administrative staff (VP of Admission and Access, VP of Acute Care Operations, screening and admissions staff) within the Acute Care Department to coordinate services and support the mission and goals of Meridian.
· Coordinates administrative and nursing functions at the CSU to improve patient care and to disseminate Meridian's goals for each unit/shift.
· Assists with hiring, employee relations and provide disciplinary actions as needed.