Location: Gainesville, FL
Pay Rate: $15.26 Hr | Non-Exempt
This is a position providing the first contact for persons seeking services or needing information about available mental health or addictions treatment. Counselor IIIs provide immediate crisis intervention and mental health first aid to callers. This position requires the ability to conduct telephonic initial assessments and make appointments for appropriate services or provide information and/or a referral to assure consumers are satisfied with the outcome of this initial contact. Customer service, computer, and crisis intervention skills are essential requirements of this position.
Bachelor's degree in related field, e.g. social work, counseling, psychology. Experience with crisis intervention and suicide prevention. Must be able to type at least 27 words a minute and pass Outlook and Windows proficiency levels.
1. Assist clients in accessing appropriate services at Meridian while treating clients with dignity and respect at all times.
2. Stabilize crisis callers and triage into the most appropriate level of care.
3. As needed, provide in-person screening and scheduling.
4. Helps to ensure the collection of data to ensure pertinent information is accurate regarding admissions, Medicaid or other 3rd party payer status, etc.
5. Develops strong collaborative relationships with internal and external customers by offering support and demonstrating openness, giving accurate information as requested.
6. Performs other duties as required to meet program and departmental goals and objectives.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Specific competencies required are identified on a department/program specific basis and identified in each employee's Competency Checklist. The following are general and apply to all positions with this title.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.