Pay Rate: $11.00/hr
Full Time Gainesville / PRN available for both GV and LC
This is routine manual work performing custodial assignments in Center facilities and grounds. Under general supervision, perform a wide variety of custodial and maintenance duties in order to provide a clean, orderly and safe environment; and perform related work as required. This position is reviewed through reports and observations and has potential exposure to blood and body fluids. Personal protective equipment may be needed while performing some of these custodial duties.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and must be able to work independently with little or no supervision and have good time management skills. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
At least one year of experience in custodial work, High School diploma or general education degree (GED); or relevant combination of the above.
Must have a current Florida Driver's License with a clean driving record while meeting company insurance requirements
In order to qualify as a Center Driver, the candidate must at least 21 years of age and have an active Florida Driver's license. Motor Vehicle Record will be reviewed for eligibility. No more than 3 moving violations and/or accidents within the past 3 years and no major violations during the past 5 years. Drivers over 65 years old must provide a current doctor's note stating they have no driving limitations.
1. Report to work on time based on departments schedule for employee.
2. Perform cleaning in one or more Center buildings.
3. Maintain adequate inventory of janitorial supplies such as cleaner, paper goods, etc.
4. Perform custodial functions such as sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, dusting, cleaning lavatories and equipment, etc.
7. Dispose of waste and washes windows.
8. Maintain industry knowledge by utilizing various means and sources.
9. Attend meetings as assigned.
10. Ensure all required safety standards are in accordance with CARF requirements.
11. Provide center wide-customer service while maintaining a positive attitude.
12. Ensure all safety standards are followed.
13. Proactively identify problems and propose effective solutions by filling out work orders and informing supervisor.
14. Complete tasks with minimal follow up.
15. Adapt quickly to changing situations with a calm attitude.
16. Perform other duties as required to meet program and departmental goals and objectives.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Specific competencies required are identified on a department/program specific basis and identified in each employee's Competency Checklist. The following are general and apply to all positions with this title.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions