Welcome! Your Meridian Career Starts Here!
Position Title: Discharge Planner
Location: Gainesville, FL.
Salary: $18.51|Hr. | Non-Exempt
Ready to make a positive impact in someone else's life?
Starting your career journey with Meridian is just the way to do it!
Meridian Behavioral Health is a private, non -profit organization with roots in the mental
health community since the 1960's. Since that time, we've expanded to 13 counties in
North Central Florida. We us a multidisciplinary approach to treating to those facing
mental health challenges and substance use disorders.
We want you! We welcome your knowledge, experience, story and expertise!
Establishes and maintains a welcoming therapeutic relationship with clients while working collaboratively with doctors, nurses, emergency screeners, unit counselors, and other staff to provide the best therapeutic experience for the patient.
Coordinates discharge planning and post discharge contact to reduce recidivism.
Conducts family meetings and gathers collateral information for treatment and discharge planning.
Regularly attends and participates in daily treatment team meetings to ensure appropriate client care based on the client's individualized Treatment Plan, assessment of client status, and progress toward desired outcomes.
Conducts psycho-educational groups and therapeutic activities according to the individualized treatment plan at direction of Unit Counselor and/or Supervisor.
Willing to be an active participant in client restraints, as needed.
Performs other duties as required to meet program and departmental goals and objectives
Who are we looking for? (Minimum Qualifications)
Bachelors Degree in the following fields (social work, counseling, psychology or a related field from an established college or university; New graduates will be considered)
Some experience in discharge planning or case management (from a behavioral healthcare setting is preferred.)
What You Will Love!
· Friendly, flexible and lively work environment- To all Meridian
employees we offer free activities including Zumba and Yoga. We also believe in companywide celebrations and blood drives. Our employee engagement committee is always coming up with other fun activities for all.
· Work-life balance - Generous PTO accrual for vacation, sick leave and holidays.
· Benefits - Several health insurance plan options available including tax sheltered health savings account. Vision, dental, retirement, life insurance, and accidental death are also available.
· Wellness Programs - Employees have an opportunity to earn a monthly discount on their medical plan premiums by participating in the Vitality wellness program, and Employee Assistance Program(EAP).
· Compensation & Retirement - Competitive salaries and 403(b) retirement savings with company match up to 8%.
· Growth & Education- Opportunities for growth and career advancement. Tuition reimbursement. Public service loan forgiveness and free clinical supervision.
· Perks - Cell phone plan discounts, travel reimbursement and gym membership discount programs, LegalShield, pet insurance and more!
Our Hiring Process:
· We pre-screen your application. If we find that your skills are a match for the position you applied for we will then send your resume over to the hiring manager to schedule an interview.
· If the interview is successful our talent acquisition recruiter from Human Resources Department will reach out to you with a verbal job offer and send over your background check paperwork as well as your follow up & next steps email.
· After you have cleared the background screening process our talent acquisition team will then send you an overview with expectations for New Employee Orientation start date.
Our team is committed to helping you grow into the best version of yourself you were always meant to be. Thank you for considering joining the Meridian family!
How to apply:
If you are interested in making an impact while positively impacting the community apply below.
Simply apply through this website or visit us directly at https://meridian.e3applicants.com/careers/
Join us in our mission to bring education about mental illnesses and substance use disorders and the treatment of those affected to the world.
"Hope, Recovery, and Wellness are within everyone's reach."
Meridian is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are fully committed to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin, age, marital status, disability (physical or mental), family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service or because they are a protected veteran or other non-merit based factors.