Location: Lake City, FL
Rate of pay: $16.50/hour
The IT Technician is responsible for installation,
maintenance, troubleshooting and repair work on all computer related equipment,
to include laptops, desktops, printers, communications equipment (digital and
IP phones), tablets, smart phones, and LAN wiring. The IT Technician is also responsible for the
installation, configuration and troubleshooting of approved software
applications and systems. This position requires a dedicated focus to providing
excellence in customer service. The
position reports directly to the Information Technology Lead Technician. The IT Technician works effectively in
conjunction with IT/IS staff, vendors, suppliers, and Meridian Staff to resolve
issues. The IT Technician provides Tier1
support to our customer (the end user) remotely or in person as appropriate.
The IT Technician is expected to provide outstanding customer service.
In order to be successful in this job, qualified candidates
should have the following skills, experience, and credentials:
- In depth knowledge of microcomputer architecture,
Windows operating systems, and Microsoft Office software packages.
- Knowledge of infrastructure cabling, including fiber
optic data, copper data, and voice cabling.
- Must be able to function effectively independently and
in a team environment.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent customer
High school diploma or GED with experience in a large scale IT
environment. Associates degree, CompTIA
or other professional certifications a plus.
Must have a current Florida Driver's License with a clean
driving record while meeting company insurance requirements
- Monitor and maintain IT assets.
- Work with ticketing system to track and document
- Generate meaningful documentation of procedure and
- Troubleshoot and repair connectivity issues with voip
phones and wired/wireless networks.
- Maintains adequate levels of consumables inventory to
support continuous operations.
- Generates meaningful documentation of procedure and
processes. Maintains an updated
inventory of software, hardware and resources.
- Travel is required to asses or remedy issues at any of
our locations throughout North Central Florida. This is a requirement of the position.
- Works with hardware and software vendors in the
testing of new equipment, upgrade of current systems, and the
implementation of new technologies and software.
- Provides telecommunications infrastructure support
(data, voice, cellular) for Meridian staff. This includes data and voice cabling
installation / troubleshooting / repair.
- Establishes, maintains and reports the status of
assigned tasks and projects, problems and activities on a regular basis to
the Director of Information Technology.
- Is an active participant in monitoring the security of
Meridian's network resources, physical assets and data. Provides network
maintenance assistance, including scripts, user access, file and folder
- Provides training to Meridian staff in basic hardware
and software functions and capabilities
Performs other duties as required to meet program and
departmental goals and objectives.
required are identified on a department/program specific basis and identified
in each employee's Competency Checklist
Meridian is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are fully committed to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin, age, marital status, disability (physical or mental), family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service or because they are a protected veteran or other non-merit based factors.