Location: Gainesville, FL
Rate of Pay: $22.00/Hr. Non-Exempt
This position is responsible for the provision of direct
client care and interaction under the supervision of a Advanced Registered
Nurse Practitioner (ARNP) or physician. The LPN provides medication
administration, wound care, patient and family education and historical data
collection for clients on the Assertive Community Treatment Team. This position
provides care in both office and community settings, including clients' homes.
Documents care provided in the clinical record. The population served includes
children and adults. OSHA Statement: This position has potential for exposure
to blood and body fluids.
license to practice as an LPN in the State of Florida
in substance use/psychiatric setting preferred.
- Assists in the admission process by gathering baseline
data of client's current health status.
- Transcribes verbal or telephone orders received from
the physician and verifies such by "read-back".
- Transcribes physician orders to the medication
administration record (MAR).
- Performs fingerstick for glucose evaluation.
- Blood Draws/IV Therapy (training will be provided)
- Evaluates point-of-care urine drug screens.
- Administers medications as ordered by a physician.
- Provides wound care as ordered by a physician.
- Educates and orients client and family to the unit
milieu and structure.
- Provides confidentiality in all interactions with
clients, to the extent possible, in the clinical setting.
- Provides for interactions with family, to the extent
possible, under HIPPA regulations.
- Ensures that necessary safety precautions are taken
based on the client's condition and facility policy.
- Intervenes as necessary to prevent injury to staff or
- Provides accurate documentation of client interactions
- Provides courteous, respectful interactions with
clients, their family members, and other staff.
- Provides reports to the ARNP, CNO, Risk Manager, QI
staff as indicated.
- Performs other necessary tasks as assigned.
- Must have basic
computer skills by being able to work with a computer based program, input
data and find and report on data
- Keeps current with continuing education as required by
license or as required by the position.
- Greets clients as soon as possible after screening and
provides welcoming atmosphere.
- Documents clearly and effectively utilizing appropriate
- Seeks information as needed.
- Works with the team to identify opportunities for
- Flexible. Adapts well to change. Infection Control and
- Reports communicable illnesses in clients to the Nurse
Manager and Infection Control Practitioner (CNO).
- Practices effective hand hygiene, hand washing, and
- Reports to Employee Health for pre-employment
tuberculin skin test and annual skin testing.
- Enforces Standard Precautions and Transmission-based
Precautions in all aspects of client care.
required are identified on a department/program specific basis and identified
in each employee's Competency Checklist.
Meridian is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are
fully committed to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most
qualified employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or
expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin,
age, marital status, disability (physical or mental), family medical history or
genetic information, political affiliation, military service or because they
are a protected veteran or other non-merit based factors.