Location: Gainesville, FL & Lake City, FL
Rate Of Pay: $265,000 - $275,000 | Exempt
Depending on experience, education and or qualifications
This is an advanced professional clinical position providing psychiatric services to Meridian's target populations. This position requires that the psychiatrist work with patients and within a multi-disciplinary staff to provide patient care and oversee services provided by lesser credentialed clinical providers. Work is performed with a high degree of independence and reviewed through observation, peer review, conferences and reports.
An M.D. or D.O. degree from an accredited medical school, with completion of a 4-year psychiatric residence in an approved program.
Must be Board Certified in Psychiatry or Board Eligible and possess license to practice medicine in the State of Florida.
Must have knowledge of community mental health programs, services and practices and practical experience in the evaluation, diagnosis and treatment of a wide range of psychiatric illnesses.
Must have the ability to effectively document and review services within an electronic medical record.
** Must be able to type at least 27 wpm on prescreen assessment and score at least 65% on general assessment.
· Provides timely and appropriate psychiatric, substance abuse and/or medical evaluation for patients to determine treatment needs.
· Provides medication management and ongoing care consistent with current practice standards.
· Provides concurrent documentation in the EMR,<=2 days, in an accurate manner which is consistent with Center procedure and applicable standards.
· Performs to the standards set by the department; minimum of 1350 worked units annually; 112.50 worked units monthly.
· Provides services using telehealth applications to provide remote health care when appropriate.
· Provide consultation and training to fellows, residents, students, nurse practitioners, physician assistants and other clinical staff, as needed.
· Professional services may be provided, as needed, in an outpatient, inpatient or residential treatment setting.
· Complies with needed chart reviews, consultations and staffing required by Meridian policy or 3rd party standards.
· Performs other duties as required to meet program and departmental goals and objectives.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:Specific competencies required are identified on a department/program specific basis and identified in each employee's Competency Checklist
Meridian is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are fully committed to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin, age, marital status, disability (physical or mental), family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service or because they are a protected veteran or other non-merit based factors.