Location: Lake City, FL.
This professional position ensures that each client has the opportunity to identify and work through personal treatment goals for recovery from a variety of mental illnesses, behavioral problems, and/or substance abuse disorders by providing evidenced based therapeutic interventions. This position acts as a liaison for clients and families with inpatient/outpatient Meridian staff and community agencies and performs other duties as required to meet program and departmental goals and objectives.
· Master's degree in social work, counseling, psychology or related field from an accredited college or university
· Experience in an inpatient setting, and a working knowledge of the Florida Mental Health Act (Baker Act) preferred
· ** Must be able to type at least 27 wpm on prescreen assessment and score at least 65% on general assessment.
· Establishes and maintains a welcoming and therapeutic relationship with clients and their families
· Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team to ensure appropriate treatment in the least restrictive environment
· Conducts counseling sessions with clients - including individual, group, and family sessions
· Provides Psycho-Education to clients regarding their diagnosis and treatment options
· Schedules and/or conducts appropriate follow up appointments after discharge
· Administers care based on the client's individualized Treatment Plan, assessment of client status, and progress toward desired outcomes
· Serves as a point of contact for family members, MBHCI staff, and community agencies
· Assists discharge planner with obtaining referrals and collateral information about history and prior treatment when needed
· Ensures accuracy and concurrency in documentation
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Specific competencies required are identified on a department/program specific basis and identified in each employee's Competency Checklist. The following are general and apply to all positions with this title.
Meridian is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are fully committed to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin, age, marital status, disability (physical or mental), family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service or because they are a protected veteran or other non-merit based factors.