This is a highly responsible position in the Center's Executive Management Team. The Senior Vice-President works with the Executive Management Team to ensure that care is safe, effective, person centered, timely, efficient, and equitable. S/he is expected to interact with stakeholders, internal and external, and is frequently required to represent Meridian's executive management team to these stakeholders. In the absence of the President/CEO, and Executive Vice-President, the Senior Vice-President may be designated as the administrator in charge of the agency on a temporary basis. The Senior Vice President is responsible for managing a critical Center function: Operations, Finance, Human Resources, or Specialized Programs/New Business. The work requires considerable management, financial, and business expertise. The work requires the use of independent judgment and initiative in carrying out duties and responsibilities; while under the supervision of the President, work is primarily done independently.
· Master degree and 5 years' experience OR Bachelor degree with 8 years' related experience.
· Five years progressively higher level management experience.
· Minimum 7 years' experience in area managed in a medium to large scale environment; medical or behavioral health environment preferred;
· Professional in Human Resources (PHR) required; Senior Professional in Human Resource Certification (SPHR) preferred.
· Awareness and sensitivity to the operational needs, costs and environmental needs of a behavioral health facility.
· Interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to negotiate effectively with managements, contractors, funding sources, and consumers.
Must have a current Florida Driver's License with a clean driving record while meeting company insurance requirements.
In order to qualify as a Center Driver, the candidate must at least 21 years of age and have an active Florida Driver's license. Motor Vehicle Record will be reviewed for eligibility. No more than 3 moving violations and/or accidents within the past 3 years and no major violations during the past 5 years. Drivers over 65 years old must provide a current doctor's note stating they have no driving limitations.
Directs all of the activities in the designated area of functioning: Operations, Finance, Specialty Programs/New Business Development, Human Resources.
Responsible for the attainment of Centerwide Goals, as specified in the Strategic Plan. This includes working with the CEO and others to explore and implement opportunities for enhanced effectiveness, efficiency, expansion, affiliations, and partnerships.
1. Reports to the President of Meridian Behavioral Healthcare Inc.
2. Active member of the Executive and Senior Management Teams.
2. Works directly with Board of Directors, providing reports on performance, recommendations regarding policy, and information for Board to evaluate programs, performance, proposed initiatives.
4. Works with SMC and independently to provide leadership in the area of performance improvement by developing QI initiatives, troubleshooting, and coordination of Center operations.
Directly reporting subordinates may include:
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Specific competencies required are identified on a department/program specific basis and identified in each employee's Competency Checklist. The following are general and apply to all positions with this title.
Ability to read and comprehend complicated instructions, correspondence and memos. Ability to write procedures and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in a one-on-one and group situation to employees, management staff, and community groups.
Ability to develop budgets. Ability to read financial statements, quality improvement reports and draw conclusions.
Ability to solve complicated problems and deal with a great number and variety of issues. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Physical Demand:Employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is required to walk; sit; use hands; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, stoop, kneel, and crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.