Location: Cross City - Dixie County area
Salary: Master's Degree in Counseling Related Field Required
Licensed Clinician: $55,000-$58,000 | Un-Licensed $38,665
This advanced professional counseling position provides clinical evaluation, treatment, and consultation services. A typical client may have a mild to severe disability and/or substance use addition. It is essential that the clinician is able to build professional empathetic relationships with clients, while providing efficient and appropriate direct clinical services. Senior clinical staff may provide supervision to non-licensed clinical staff, students, and interns.
MA/MS required from an accredited university with major course work in the areas of psychology, sociology, social work, health education or a related human services field. One year of experience in case management preferred. Experience working with children/teens preferred
Experience: Outpatient clinical experience preferred. Work experience must include work with population to be served.
Must have a current Florida Driver's License with a clean driving record while meeting company insurance requirements.
In order to qualify as a Center Driver, the candidate must at least 21 years of age and have an active Florida Driver's license. Motor Vehicle Record will be reviewed for eligibility. No more than 3 moving violations and/or accidents within the past 3 years and no major violations during the past 5 years. Drivers over 65 years old must provide a current doctor's note stating they have no driving limitations.
1. Perform clinical assessments to determine diagnosis, level of care, treatment plan, and make recommendations to other agencies about these issues as needed.
2. Provides therapy services to assigned clients and/or family members in accordance with Center guidelines and procedures, and best practice standards for his/her profession. Any of the following may apply:
· Services are provided in schools, client homes, and in the clinic.
· Therapy is offered in a number of modalities including individual, family, and group.
· Therapy may include a range of levels of care from prevention and educational approaches to intensive on-site/in-home outpatient care.
4. Therapy is offered to clients with a range of problems including, but not limited to,
· Mental health issues, based on DSM diagnosis
· Substance abuse/dependence, based on DSM diagnosis
· Issues related to sexual, physical, emotional abuse and its consequences.
5. Crisis intervention/assessment
· Telephone screening for need for services or eligibility
· Face-to-face screening to determine need for inpatient admission.
· Provides consultation services to staff from other agencies also working with the client.
· Provide sufficient services to meet revenue requirements: 1170 billed hours per year.
6. Facilitates continuity of services within the agency and community for assigned clients.
7. Documents all services provided in a timely and accurate manner in electronic medical record, consistent with Center guidelines and procedures, and best practice standards for his/her profession.
8. Documents all services and job duties as required for billing, payroll, and reimbursement purposes, in accordance with Center guidelines and procedures.
9. Specific competencies required are identified on a department/program specific basis and identified in each employee's Competency Checklist. The following are general and apply to all positions with this title.
10. This position is responsible for the coordination and delivery of clinical services to include family, group and individual therapy for assigned clients. Assigned clients may include scheduled and unscheduled clients.
11. This position description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of skills, abilities, duties or responsibilities that are required for this position. In order to meet the needs of the organization, management may, at its discretion, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time with or without notice.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Specific competencies required are identified on a department/program specific basis and identified in each employee's Competency Checklist.Meridian is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are fully committed to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin, age, marital status, disability (physical or mental), family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service or because they are a protected veteran or other non-merit based factors.