Location: Lake City, FL
Rate of Pay: Un-Licensed $43,000 | Licensed $55,000-$58,000
Multiple Schedules/Shifts Available
This is advanced professional clinical work conducting emergency assessments for clients who present at Crisis Stabilization in crisis seeking mental health stabilization. Emergency Screeners provide 24/7 Emergency Intake and Evaluation services for both voluntary and Baker Act adults and children.
· Education: Master's degree required from an accredited university with major course work in the areas of psychology, sociology, social work, or a related human services field.
· Experience: One year proven experience working with clients in the mental health field.
· ** Must be able to type at least 27 wpm on prescreen assessment and score at least 65% on general assessment.
1. Conducts assessments for clients through telephone and face-to-face contact to determine treatment needs.
2. Determines appropriate service provider based on clinical, demographic, and payer requirements.
3. Serves as client and center advocate, consultant, and liaison with a wide variety of community agencies to ensure client continuity of care.
4. Facilitates continuity of services within the agency and community for clients seen in Emergency Screening.
5. Documents all services provided in a timely and accurate manner, consistent with Center guidelines and procedures, and best practice standards for his/her profession.
6. Documents all services and job duties as required for billing, payroll, and reimbursement purposes, in accordance with Center guidelines and procedures.
7. Performs other duties as required to meet program and departmental goals and objectives.
8. MUST be flexible on shifts and availability
9. Willing to be an active participant in client restraints, as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:Specific competencies required are identified on a department/program specific basis and identified in each employee's Competency Checklist.
Meridian is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are fully committed to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin, age, marital status, disability (physical or mental), family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service or because they are a protected veteran or other non-merit based factors.