Location: Gainesville, FL
Rate of Pay: $70,000
This is a highly responsible position on the Meridian Management team. Responsible for all equipment and processes related to information management and services. The work requires the use of independent judgment and initiative in carrying out duties and responsibilities; while under the supervision of the Vice President, CIO. Work is primarily done independently.
Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent plus one-year experience. Supervisory experience is mandatory.
Must have hands on experience with systems admin, server management in a Microsoft Environment.
Minimum 5 years experience in an IT/IS environment in a medium to large scale enterprises, preferably in a Medical or Mental health environment.
Awareness and sensitivity to the operational needs, costs and environmental needs of a Mental Health facility.
Interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to negotiate effectively with managements, users and vendors.
Creativity to market value-added IT products and services.
1. Directs all of the activities of IT staff responsible for the entire Information Technology and Systems activities of Meridian Behavioral Healthcare.
2. Responsible for the fulfillment of all Technology and Systems for all equipment selection, system development, system operations, contingency and capacity planning.
3. Responsible for the development, implementation and follow-through of the companies Disaster and recovery Plan.
4. Oversees the installation, support and utilization of the Center's Information Technology systems
5. Works with the CIO to ensure the integrity and security of all of the company's information, equipment and telecommunication.
1. Reports to the Vice President, CIO of Meridian Behavioral Healthcare Inc.
2. Active member of the Management Council.
3. Directly reporting subordinates include:
- IT Operations Manager
- Any third party consultant(s)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Establishes overall operational consistency in applications, hardware, software and communications facilities within the Center.
2. Directs, develops and/or implements and maintains a comprehensive applications portfolio defining all system application requirements within the Center.
3. Acquires, develops, directs and maintains an Information Technology Department that ensures optimum human resource utilization toward meeting the Center's Goals, Objectives and Strategic plans.
4. Develops, implements and maintains the proper and consistent telecommunication relationship both within and between the Center's staff and outside business related contacts.
5. Develops, implements and maintains technical support for all the Center's applications, hardware, software and communications facilities.
6. Develops, implements and maintains a cost effective IT and user education program that consists of all mandatory computer, technical and application skills required to support the Center's business requirements.
7. Further maintains budgetary forecasts by further curtailing technology and system costs and expenditures.
8. Provides consistent technical and telecommunication support to all campuses within Meridian.
9. Establishes, maintains and reports the status of projects, problems and activities on a regular basis to the CIO.
10. Develops, implements and maintains a data-security plan that includes emergency backup and recovery of data and facilities in the event of short or long term outage. Provides budgetary forecasts and monitors and curtails technology and system costs and expenditures.
11. Recommends new uses for computer related equipment or disposal of unprofitable or outdated equipment.
12. Provides adequate training, resource material, work space, facilities and supplies for the IT staff.
13. Travel to the various campuses on a regular basis.
14. Performs other duties as required to meet program and departmental goals and objectives.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:Specific competencies required are identified on a department/program specific basis and identified in each employee's Competency Checklist.
Meridian is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are fully committed to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin, age, marital status, disability (physical or mental), family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service or because they are a protected veteran or other non-merit based factors.