Salary Range: $80,082.91 Status; Exempt
$5,000 sign on bonus (Full time employees)
Supervises and coordinates activities of nursing personnel on each unit, on an assigned shift, promoting high quality of care; assesses the needs of clients and ensures services are consistent with needs.
· Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing with a degree in Nursing. Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Florida supplemented with 3-5 years of responsible nursing experience in management - preferable in an acute care facility or an acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have acute care nursing skills. Must be proficient in the use of computer and programs utilized by the facility.
· ** Must be able to type at least 27 wpm on prescreen assessment and score at least 65% on general assessment.
Must have a current Florida Driver's License with a clean driving record while meeting company insurance requirements.
In order to qualify as a Center Driver, the candidate must at least 21 years of age and have an active Florida Driver's license. Motor Vehicle Record will be reviewed for eligibility. No more than 3 moving violations and/or accidents within the past 3 years and no major violations during the past 5 years. Drivers over 65 years old must provide a current doctor's note stating they have no driving limitations.
· Responsible for the supervision of all licensed and non-licensed personnel who provide health care and nursing services on an assigned shift.
· Serves as the primary safety net seven days per week, 365 days per year for any events occurring during the shift for which the supervisor is responsible that require the immediate attention of Acute Care Services management.
· Guarantees that Acute Care Services is always operating with the appropriate staffing levels, during the shift for which the supervisor is responsible. At times, in circumstances of staff call-outs, increased client acuity or supervisor requests, staff is required to stay until dismissed by Vice President, Staffing Department, or Administrator on-call.
· Communicates with management regarding pertinent issues related to each unit and must request approval from staffing for any adjustments made to schedule.
· Evaluates, directly supervises, and writes performance plans for designated staff on assigned shift and communicates with department managers as indicated.
· Conducts on-the-job training as necessary and coordinates workflow to best suit the needs of the residents.
· Participates in client nursing assessments as needed.
· Acts as a resource for nursing staff. Attends licensed staff meetings and monthly management meetings.
· Monitors and ensures that incident reports are completed and reported per policy and procedure.
· Willing to be an active participant in client restraints, as needed.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Admin On-call and Nursing on call in rotation with other Nurse Managers.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Specific competencies required are identified on a department/program specific basis and identified in each employee's Competency Checklist.
Meridian is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are fully committed to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin, age, marital status, disability (physical or mental), family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service or because they are a protected veteran or other non-merit based factors.