Location: Gainesville, FL
Rate of Pay: $17.21/hr
This is a highly responsible position working with veterans and their families who are homeless and/or are at risk of losing housing. Services provided include but are not limited to Outreach Services, identifying potential participants, Screenings to determine program eligibility, Assessments to identify needs, Referrals-Service Linkage and Provision of Supportive Services to Assist veterans and their families obtain and or maintain social services, housing, emergency shelter, basic living items (food, clothing, furniture, personal hygiene, etc), employment, other income support, food stamps, job training, medical care. Also include, but limited to other supportive services such as: housing searches, housing inspections, transportation and other supportive services. This position is unique as staff will conduct outreach-engagement, case management and provision of supportive services in assigned services areas which could include the following service areas: Alachua, Bradford, Columbia, Dixie, Gilchrist, Hamilton, Lafayette, Levy, Putnam Suwannee, and Union, and must work as a liaison within the community and continually support the mission and standards of SSVF program and mission of Meridian. This is an independent professional position performing comprehensive Needs Assessments, service brokerage, and advocacy services for eligible Veterans and their family members in the Meridian service area. The Supportive Service Specialist works with other professionals from numerous community organizations, as well as with Center staff. The work is performed with a high degree of independence; however, work reviewed through conferences, supervision and required reports. This position also involves managing a caseload.
Education: Bachelor's Degree preferred; Associate of Arts required or an equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, ability, and skills.
Experience: A minimum of 2-year experience in case management preferred. Experience working with computer systems, including electronic spreadsheet, database management and word processing required
Must have a current Florida Driver's License with a clean driving record while meeting company insurance requirements.
In order to qualify as a Center Driver, the candidate must at least 21 years of age and have an active Florida Driver's license. Motor Vehicle Record will be reviewed for eligibility. No more than 3 moving violations and/or accidents within the past 3 years and no major violations during the past 5 years. Drivers over 65 years old must provide a current doctor's note stating they have no driving limitations.
1. Participate in Outreach/Tabling Events to Identify Very Low Income Veterans
2. Identify/Screen individuals and families for determinations of eligibility of SSVF program
3. Provide adequate/appropriate referrals/service linkage to individuals and families who do not meet minimum qualifications/eligibility for SSVF program.
4. Provide feedback of eligibility status to household or referring agency when applicable
5. Completes Assessments/Applications on families to determine needs and
Develops, with the client's input and agreement, a Service Plan with specific goals and objectives to resolve service needs.
6. Links the client and family with services and resources identified in the Service Plan.
7. Assist families with obtaining needs and meeting goal
8. Maintains contact with all staff/agencies including VA, Housing Authorities, Homeless Coalition, Landlords, Subcontractors, Vendors, other agencies for referrals and coordination of services.
9. Serves as an advocate for Veteran families with a wide variety of community agencies and Center programs.
10. Conducts face-to-face visits to monitor progress in implementation of the Service Plan.
11. Conducts follow-up to monitor progress of implementation of Service Plan
12. Prepares and maintains accurate client records for entry into HMIS and insures quality of documentation of records as required by program
13. Assist with HMIS data entry as assigned by Program Manager
14. Provide screening and caseload reports to the Program Manger on weekly basis
15. Promote greater awareness of benefits and services to beneficiaries, including families.
16. Distribute educational information throughout the community and provide community awareness of Supportive services
17. Maintain liaison and good working relationship with various government and professional agencies.
18. Provide units of service as determined by our memorandum of understanding and/or contract expectations.
19. Maintain accurate records and documentation of services/assistance provided.
20. Submit required billing documentation/data entry requirements in timely manner as required
21. Develop and maintain a network of contact persons and/or referral persons in the community to receive and provide referrals for eligible individuals to obtain/access services.
22. Transport and/or advocate with consumers at various government and professional agencies.
23. Performs work according to contract and company standards
24. Use standard office equipment, including a computer in the course of the work; drive a motor vehicle to visit various consumers, benefit provider and contractor work sites, and to attend meetings.
25. Works effectively with others.
26. Performs other duties as required to meet SSVF program and departmental goals and objectives.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:Specific competencies required are identified on a department/program specific basis and identified in each employee's Competency Checklist.
Meridian is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are fully committed to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin, age, marital status, disability (physical or mental), family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service or because they are a protected veteran or other non-merit based factors.