Location: Lake City
Rate Of Pay: $200,000 | Exempt - Depending on experience, education and/or qualifications
This is an advanced professional clinical position providing physician services in addictions medicine to Meridian's target populations as well as supervising and overseeing providers in substance use treatment programs. It requires that the physician work with patients and within a multi-disciplinary setting to provide patient care in Medication Assisted Treatment programs. Work is performed with a high degree of independence and reviewed through observation, peer review, conferences, and reports.
· An M.D. degree from an accredited medical school, with completion of family medicine or internal medicine residency in an approved program and 3 years of previous medical experience or equivalent.
· Preferred- Buprenorphine Waiver.
· Must possess license to practice medicine in the State of Florida.
· Must have knowledge of community mental health and substance use programs, services, and practices as well as practical experience in the evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of a wide range of medical and substance related illnesses in the context of psychiatric illnesses.
· ** Must be able to type at least 27 wpm on prescreen assessment and score at least 65% on general assessment.
Must have a current Florida Driver's License with a clean driving record while meeting company insurance requirements.
In order to qualify as a Center Driver, the candidate must at least 21 years of age and have an active Florida Driver's license. Motor Vehicle Record will be reviewed for eligibility. No more than 3 moving violations and/or accidents within the past 3 years and no major violations during the past 5 years. Drivers over 65 years old must provide a current doctor's note stating they have no driving limitations.
· Provides timely and appropriate evaluation for referred patients.
· Provides medication management consistent with current practice standards.
· Documents services in a timely, accurate manner, consistent with Center Procedures and applicable standards.
· Performs sufficient services to produce budgeted revenue. Meet or exceeds expected productivity objectives.
· Provide consultation and training to other clinical staff.
· Complies with needed chart reviews, consultations, and staffing required by Center procedures or external compliance requirements.
· Performs other duties as required to meet program and departmental goals and objectives.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:Specific competencies required are identified on a department/program specific basis and identified in each employee's Competency Checklist.
Meridian is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are fully committed to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin, age, marital status, disability (physical or mental), family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service or because they are a protected veteran or other non-merit based factors.