Location: Gainesville, FL
Rate of Pay: $14-$15/hr
This position is responsible for providing professional support involving typical front desk duties including phones, mail, and cash receipts, as well as departmental support to the Advancement Department, including development and marketing communications.
· Two years' experience in a similar position or Associate degree or Bachelor's degree and one year related experience. Experience in a marketing or public relations environment a plus.
Must have a current Florida Driver's License with a clean driving record while meeting company insurance requirements.
In order to qualify as a Center Driver, the candidate must at least 21 years of age and have an active Florida Driver's license. Motor Vehicle Record will be reviewed for eligibility. No more than 3 moving violations and/or accidents within the past 3 years and no major violations during the past 5 years. Drivers over 65 years old must provide a current doctor's note stating they have no driving limitations.
1. Receive and route incoming phone calls to appropriate staff. Assist callers with requests when possible.
2. Receive and distribute incoming mail to appropriate department staff.
3. Maintain flow of incoming visitors to the Administration building. Notify appropriate staff of visitors to the lobby.
4. Maintain a positive, proactive customer service approach through cooperation and communication within the department and other departments/programs within the organization.
5. Maintain stock of office supplies for clerical/support assistance.
6. Maintain and update the calendars of the Sr. VP for Advancement and the Director of Marketing Communications.
7. Process Advancement staff reimbursements for travel, monthly expenses, and other documents related to the Fiscal Office.
8. Process business card orders for all Meridian staff.
9. Maintain and update mail chimp email list for e-communications.
10. Assist with creating brochures and flyers for Development and Marketing Communications.
11. Assist with special events by creating invite lists using Word and Excel, printing labels, tracking rsvp's, and initiating thank you's.
12. Attend and assist with special event logistics as needed.
13. Assist Special Assistant to the President with Board of Directors meeting packets.
14. Maintain the Meridian staff phone directory.
15. Assists Special Assistant to the President with projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:Specific competencies required are identified on a department/program specific basis and identified in each employee's Competency Checklist.
Meridian is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are fully committed to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin, age, marital status, disability (physical or mental), family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service or because they are a protected veteran or other non-merit based factors.