Location: Starke, FL
Rate of Pay: $15.26 Provisional | $16.34/hr | Non-Exempt
This is an independent professional position performing comprehensive assessments, service brokerage, and advocacy services for severely emotionally disturbed adults and/or children and their families. The Case Manager works with other professionals from numerous community organizations as well as with Center staff. The work is performed with a high degree of independence; however, work is reviewed through conferences, supervision and required reports. This position involves managing a caseload of severely emotionally disturbed children and/or adults.
· Certified Behavioral Health Case Manager (CBHCM) verified through the Florida Certification Board
· Bachelor Degree in Counseling; Social Work; Psychology; Criminal Justice; Nursing; Rehabilitation; Special Education; Health Education; or a Human Services field in which major coursework includes the study of human behavior and development.
· 2,000 hours of work experience providing direct behavioral health case management services to adults or children in the fields of mental health, substance abuse or child welfare. Work experience must be directly related to the core competencies of the credential and must have occurred within the last 5 years. Volunteer experience and non-clinical internships are not eligible for certification purposes.
· Must obtain Certified Behavioral Health Case Manager (CBHCM) within 6 months' of hire (full certification, not provisional). Employee is responsible for all costs (application fee, training, etc.) required in obtaining this certification from the Florida Certification Board. Please visit https://flcertificationboard.org/certified-behavioral-health-case-manager/ for information on the certification process.
· ** Must be able to type at least 27 wpm on prescreen assessment and score at least 65% on general assessment.
Must have a current Florida Driver's License with a clean driving record while meeting company insurance requirements.
In order to qualify as a Center Driver, the candidate must at least 21 years of age and have an active Florida Driver's license. Motor Vehicle Record will be reviewed for eligibility. No more than 3 moving violations and/or accidents within the past 3 years and no major violations during the past 5 years. Drivers over 65 years old must provide a current doctor's note stating they have no driving limitations.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Specific competencies required are identified on a department/program specific basis and identified in each employee's Competency Checklist.
Meridian is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are fully committed to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin, age, marital status, disability (physical or mental), family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service or because they are a protected veteran or other non-merit based factors.