Location: Various Locations
Salary Range: Master's Degree in Counseling Related Field Required
Un-Licensed $38,665 | License: $55,000 - $58,000
This position will be working in a clinic setting. This role provides liaison services to clients and their families, inpatient/outpatient Meridian staff, community agencies, and insurance carriers. Responsibilities include obtaining authorization for services, concurrent review for continued authorization for services, individual/family/group counseling, appropriate referrals, and discharge/transition arrangements including follow up appointments.
MA/MS required from an accredited university with major course work in the areas of psychology, sociology, social work, health education or a related human services field. One year of experience in case management preferred. Experience working with children/teens preferred
Must have a current Florida Driver's License with a clean driving record while meeting company insurance requirements
In order to qualify as a Center Driver, the candidate must at least 21 years of age and have an active Florida Driver's license. Motor Vehicle Record will be reviewed for eligibility. No more than 3 moving violations and/or accidents within the past 3 years and no major violations during the past 5 years. Drivers over 65 years old must provide a current doctor's note stating they have no driving limitations.
- Obtaining collateral information about history and prior treatment from clients, their families, the school, other community agencies, and referral sources
- Scheduling appropriate follow up appointments for services with MBHCI and referrals to other agencies as needed
- Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team to ensure appropriate treatment in the least restrictive environment
- Coordinates care with the school to ensure client is receiving maximum support and benefits of on-site services
- Conducts counseling sessions with clients, including family and group sessions
- Serves as a point of contact for family members, MBHCI staff, and community agencies
- Educates family members and clients regarding their diagnosis and provides appropriate community resources
- Provides consultation and crisis intervention as needed
- Performs concurrent review with insurance agencies to secure authorization for services
- Participates in Quality Improvement initiatives
Infection Control and Employee Health
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:Specific competencies required are identified on a department/program specific basis and identified in each employee's Competency Checklist.
Meridian is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are fully committed to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin, age, marital status, disability (physical or mental), family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service or because they are a protected veteran or other non-merit based factors.