Location: Gainesville. FL
Rate of Pay: $13.75/hr
This is a professional counseling position providing direct and indirect customer care through the Outpatient Substance Abuse and Mental Health Program. The Counselor III should have a passion for working with individuals and groups and having the ability to build professional, empathic and caring relationships with consumers served. In addition, the must be able to provided effective, efficient and appropriate direct clinical services to promote recovery and assist client's success in the community. Duties include completing admissions, bio-psychosocial assessments, treatment plans, and providing counseling in group format.
Bachelor's degree in related field, e.g. social work, counseling, psychology. Must be able to type at least 27 words a minute and pass Outlook and Windows proficiency levels.
Must have a current Florida Driver's License with a clean driving record while meeting company insurance requirements
In order to qualify as a Center Driver, the candidate must at least 21 years of age and have an active Florida Driver's license. Motor Vehicle Record will be reviewed for eligibility. No more than 3 moving violations and/or accidents within the past 3 years and no major violations during the past 5 years. Drivers over 65 years old must provide a current doctor's note stating they have no driving limitations.
1. Perform clinical assessments to assist developing treatment plans and ensure linkage to appropriate recommended services internally and/or externally while under the supervision of Program Manager or senior staff.
2. Assists clients in the development and implementation of individual treatment plans addressing mental health and or substance abuse needs.
3. Provides crisis intervention services for clients as needed.
4. Helps to ensure the collection of data to ensure pertinent information is accurate regarding admissions, discharges, primary therapist assignments, discharge dates, Medicaid or other 3rd party payer status, etc., for staff.
5. Co-Facilitate group therapy services and complete appropriate documentation and compliance requirements for substance abuse treatment program.
6. Provide consultation services to staff from other agencies also working with the client
8. Facilitates continuity of care within the agency and community for assigned clients.
9. Performs other duties as required to meet program and departmental goals and
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:Specific competencies required are identified on a department/program specific basis and identified in each employee's Competency Checklist.
Meridian is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are fully committed to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin, age, marital status, disability (physical or mental), family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service or because they are a protected veteran or other non-merit based factors.