Location: Gainesville, FL.
Pay Rate: $11.75/Hr - $12.75/Hr* (see below)
Will mainly answer telephone console and also serve as Customer Service Specialist backup. The work requires the use of independent judgment and initiative in carrying out duties and responsibilities of maintaining a professional office setting, and the ability to provide clerical support on all levels within the Center.
*Some positions within this Job Code will have additional duties that will include: Perform all Financial Counselors duties: Verify insurance and co-pay information (via Availity, Medicaid, etc.), complete Consent to Treat, add payor to EMR, and perform all Medical Records duties. Provide coverage for other locations as needed. Must be willing to travel.
An Associate of Arts (AA) degree, preferably in Business, and experience in general clerical, secretarial, receptionist experience, preferably including third party billing
Graduation from a standard high school or its equivalent and two years of general office, secretarial or clerical experience, one of which must be in dealing with the public, preferably in a clinical setting and/or dealing with third-party billing.
Preference for Bilingual capabilities.
· Greet and assist telephone and on-site customers with inquiries and questions; refer to most appropriate department for assistance.
· Primary duties are to receive telephone calls from consumers requesting to change their scheduled appointment with a provider.
· Will work closely with Program Managers to obtain an emergency appointment for consumer if they will be out of medications or need to follow up with services.
· Provide telephone and office coverage during regular business hours and special circumstances.
· Maintain accounts receivable register, deposits, petty cash, and related service paperwork.
· Will urge consumers to keep appointment when possible to avoid running out of medications.
· Verify client payor eligibility status and, if managed care payor, process appropriate paperwork to obtain authorization for payment of service.
· Create, maintain, and update Essentia files and other databases/ spreadsheets and/or other information used to track information for department, and provide reports on such information as needed.
• The ability to work as a team and have strong communication skills.
• Will need to have great interpersonal skills to deal with many personalities.
• Performs other duties as required to meet program and departmental goals and objectives.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Specific competencies required are identified on a department/program specific basis and identified in each employee's Competency Checklist. The following are general and apply to all positions with this title.
Meridian is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are fully committed to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin, age, marital status, disability (physical or mental), family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service or because they are a protected veteran or other non-merit based factors.