Welcome! Your Meridian Career Starts Here!
Position Title: Director of Billing
Location: Gainesville, FL
Salary: $81,112.50 | Exempt
Ready to make a positive impact in someone else's life?
Starting your career journey with Meridian is just the way to do it!
Meridian Behavioral Health is a private, non-profit organization with roots in the mental health community since the 1960's. Since that time, we've expanded to 13 counties in North Central Florida. We use a multidisciplinary approach to treating those facing mental health challenges and substance use disorders.
We want you! We welcome your knowledge, experience, story and expertise!
- Manages business office operations which includes collections for upfront payments.
- Maintain a 91% overall collection on accounts receivable
- Manage accounts receivable by payor to maintain a less than 180 days at 95% by payer.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements related to patient accounting, including a solid understanding of Medicare, Medicaid and managed care processes.
- Manage revenue to enhance cash flow, ensuring that services are billed and collected in a timely manner by reviewing each submitted claim report and validating all services have been billed.
- Manage denials to ensure maximum reimbursement.
- Manage FFS contract billing to ensure accuracy of billing and collection.
- Provide training, coaching and mentoring to new and existing staff as needed.
Who are we looking for?
- Education: Bachelor's Degree preferred with 5 years' experience in Billing / Collection experience or High School Diploma / GED with 8 years of Billing/Collections Experience
- Experience: Mid-level of proficiency with Microsoft applications including Excel and Word and experience with computerized accounting systems
What You Will Love!
- Friendly, flexible and lively work environment- To all Meridian employees we offer free activities including Zumba and Yoga. We also believe in companywide celebrations and blood drives. Our employee engagement committee is always coming up with other fun activities for all.
- Work-life balance - Generous PTO accrual for vacation, sick leave and holidays.
- Benefits - Several health insurance plan options available including tax sheltered health savings account. Vision, dental, retirement, life insurance, and accidental death are also available.
- Wellness Programs - Employees have an opportunity to earn a monthly discount on their medical plan premiums by participating in the Vitality wellness program, and Employee Assistance Program(EAP).
- Compensation & Retirement - Competitive salaries and 403(b) retirement savings with company match up to 8%.
- Growth & Education- Opportunities for growth and career advancement. Tuition reimbursement. Public service loan forgiveness and free clinical supervision.
- Perks - Cell phone plan discounts, travel reimbursement and gym membership discount programs, LegalShield, pet insurance and more!
Our Hiring Process:
- We pre-screen your application. If we find that your skills are a match for the position you applied for we will then send your resume over to the hiring manager to schedule an interview.
- If the interview is successful our talent acquisition recruiter from Human Resources Department will reach out to you with a verbal job offer and send over your background check paperwork as well as your follow up & next steps email.
- After you have cleared the background screening process our talent acquisition team will then send you an overview with expectations for New Employee Orientation start date.
Our team is committed to helping you grow into the best version of yourself you were always meant to be. Thank you for considering joining the Meridian family!
How to apply:
If you are interested in making an impact while positively impacting the community apply below.
Simply apply through this website or visit us directly at https://meridian.e3applicants.... us in our mission to bring education about mental illnesses and substance use disorders and the treatment of those affected to the world.
"Hope, Recovery, and Wellness are within everyone's reach."
Meridian is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are fully committed to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin, age, marital status, disability (physical or mental), family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service or because they are a protected veteran or other non-merit based factors.