Location: Gainesville, FL.
Salary Range: Un-Licensed $38,665 | License: $50,000
** Masters degree in counseling related field required.**
This is an advanced professional clinical position conducting biopsychosocial assessments for clients who either present at the Crisis Stabilization Unit and/or Emergency Room for substance related crisis. This position will also conduct Screening, Brief Intervention, and Referral to Treatment (SBIRT) assessments in addition to SBIRT trainings to community stakeholders as well as individual and group therapy.
Master's Degree from an accredited college or university, in psychology, social work, counseling, addiction, or a related field. Experience working with clients with Substance Use Disorder preferred.
Must have a current Florida Driver's License with a clean driving record while meeting company insurance requirements
In order to qualify as a Center Driver, the candidate must at least 21 years of age and have an active Florida Driver's license. Motor Vehicle Record will be reviewed for eligibility. No more than 3 moving violations and/or accidents within the past 3 years and no major violations during the past 5 years. Drivers over 65 years old must provide a current doctor's note stating they have no driving limitations.
1. Conducts assessments for clients through telephone, telehealth and face to face contact to determine treatment needs.
2. Determines appropriate service provider based on clinical, demographic, and payer requirements.
3. Serves as client and center advocate, consultant, and liaison with a wide variety of community agencies to ensure client continuity of care.
4. Facilitates continuity of services within the agency and community for clients needing substance treatment.
5. Documents all services provided in a timely and accurate manner, consistent with Center guidelines and procedures, and best practice standards for his/her profession.
6. Documents all services and job duties as required for billing, payroll, and reimbursement purposes, in accordance with Center guidelines and procedures.
7. Performs other duties as required to meet program and departmental goals and objectives.
8. MUST be flexible on shifts and availability.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Specific competencies required are identified on a department/program specific basis and identified in each employees Competency Checklist. The following are general and apply to all positions with this title.
· Has adequate assessment/evaluation skills
o Can effectively diagnose using DSM 5.
o Can articulate developmental issues and how these affect assessment and treatment.
o Is aware of cultural and gender related issues that may affect assessment of client needs and treatment planning.
o Can identify signs and indicators of abuse
o Can determine the need for Crisis Stabilization
· Has adequate treatment skills
o Appropriately applies behavioral, cognitive, and other family interventions in manner sensitive to the age and special needs of the client
o Has facility with time effective treatment strategies
o Understands how abuse needs to be addressed in treatment
o Can formulate treatment problems, goals and objectives based on assessment data
o Understands how to effectively integrate family/caregiver in treatment
o Understands the nature of and maintains appropriate professional boundaries (e.g., can examine the use of self in therapy, transference/counter-transference issues)
o Provides culturally competent care
· Has adequate consultation skills
o Understands the needs of host agency(ies).
o Is respectful of aims and personnel in host agency.
o Adapts to the host environment
Meridian is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are fully committed to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin, age, marital status, disability (physical or mental), family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service or because they are a protected veteran or other non-merit based factors.