Location: Gainesville, FL
Salary: $65,000-$75,000 | Exempt
This is a professional supervisory position responsible for providing supervision and oversight over the emergency services of the Crisis Stabilization Unit (CSU) for Gainesville and Lake City. This department includes emergency screening, unit counseling, and discharge planning. The Director also provides direct supervision for two Supervisors, one which oversees the department in GNV and another for the department in LC. In addition, the Director oversees and maintains policies and procedures adherent to the overall policies of the CSU pertaining to emergency screening and crisis management. The Director reports directly to the Vice President of Acute Care Services.
Education: Master's degree in social work from an accredited college or university. Florida Licensed Clinical Social Worker Required.
Experience: Experience with direct patient care and at least 4 years of supervisory experience in a related field required. Experience in inpatient psychiatric unit / hospital and a working knowledge of the Florida Mental Health Act ("Baker Act") strongly preferred.
Must have a current Florida Driver's License with a clean driving record while meeting company insurance requirements
1. Conducts screenings of potential clients during scheduled shifts.
2. Conducts group, individual, and family therapy on the unit when needed.
3. Ensures that necessary safety precautions are taken based on the client's condition and facility policy.
4. Assists in the development, implementation, and evaluation of the treatment plan based on the medical needs identified in the screening assessment.
5. Provides effective, accurate, and concurrent documentation.
6. Performs other duties as required to meet program and departmental goals and objectives.
7. Willing to be an active participant in client restraints, as needed
8. Assists and completes discharge summaries, as well as other functions of discharge planning.
1. Supervises screening staff and inpatient counseling staff. Orients, conducts performance reviews, and makes recommendations regarding any disciplinary action required. Ensures staff is receiving training as required by the Center and the Unit.
2. Coordinates with staffing to ensure the scheduling of screening and counseling staff is sufficient to meet the needs of Acute Care, obtains weekly schedule, and covers shifts when needed.
3. Participates in Administrator-on-call rotation and coordinates with Acute Care management team on urgent tasks and communications needing to be fulfilled in Director's absence.
4. Assists with monitoring timely authorizations, Daily Dashboard review, and coordinates inconsistencies with UR/UM Counselor.
5. Monitors compliance with mailing AHCA cover sheets to BARC and maintenance of log. Monitors hospital referral protocols and assists with documentation, compliance audits, service errors, AI report analysis, and corrections.
6. Attends treatment team meetings in both Detox and CSU. Assigns responsibilities to staff as needed.
7. Conducts monthly team meetings to ensure that all employees have congruent information related to agency and job functions.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Specific competencies required are identified on a department/program specific basis and identified in each employee's Competency Checklist. The following are general and apply to all positions with this title.