ARNP - Psychiatric
Location: Gainesville, FL or Lake City, FL
1. Perform psychiatric evaluations, medication evaluation and monitoring, and psychiatric treatment.
2. Collaborate with the overseeing physician(s), develop and comply with ARNP protocols approved by the Nurse Practice Act, Florida Statutes, Chapter 464, Florida Board of Nursing Rules 210-11 and 210-16, Administrative Policies Pertaining to Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioners, Florida Administrative Code.
3. Initiate requests for ancillary testing and referral to specialty areas.
4. Provide individual and/or family education to increase each patient's awareness of illness and treatment issues.
5. Maintain appropriate medical records and documentation in accordance with Meridian guidelines.
6. Promote team approach to patient care through creating and maintaining professional working relationships with physicians and support staff.
7. Maintain and increase level of expertise by attending Continuing Education events within the Center and the community.
8. Assist in maintaining infection control activities and safety standards according to established policy and procedures.
9. Interacts with community agencies and resources.
10. Performs other duties as required to meet program and departmental goals and objectives.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions