Location: Lake City
Salary Range: $14.00/Hr
The Certified Medical Assistant provides patient care in community mental health clinic setting under the direct responsibility of a licensed physician. Clinical skills performed are within the scope of a Medical Assistant as defined by Florida Statutes 458.3485, and Meridian Policy and Procedure. The CMA may also perform clerical, insurance and medical record functions.
*Occasionally expected to float/travel to other clinics as needed for staffing.
· Graduated from an accredited Medical Assisting program and/or have achieved National Certification REQUIRED
· BLS/CPR certification REQUIRED (or must complete through on-boarding)
· Experience with an electronic health record, PREFERRED
· 1 or more years in a healthcare setting, PREFERRED
· Experience with Mental Health population, PREFFERED if working in Outpatient
· Experience with Substance Use population, PREFFERED if working in OTP
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Specific competencies required are identified on a department/program specific basis and identified in each employee's Competency Checklist.
Meridian is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are fully committed to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin, age, marital status, disability (physical or mental), family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service or because they are a protected veteran or other non-merit based factors.