Location: Gainesville, FL
Rate of Pay: $45,000-$48,000
The State Reporting Data Analyst oversees the state reporting process from data collection to data reporting and invoicing. The State Reporting Data Analyst will use available systems to collect, transmit, monitor, correct, and report state required data through Meridian's ME. The Data Analyst will work with teams to correct data or data collection points as needed to ensure the accurate reporting of all state funded services and outcomes. Responsibilities require an understanding of the overall workings of the EMR and software requirements as it relates to State Reporting. Position requires an understanding of HIPAA/HITECH security procedures. This position description will change from time to time as tasks, organization and technology changes. Accordingly, Meridian reserves the unlimited right to revise all or any part of this position description and the functions of the job and to add or eliminate functions of any position. Position is required to adhere to Meridian's policies and procedures. Position is supervised by the Information Services EMR Director.
1. AA Degree or equivalent plus one-year experience in a medium to large scale enterprises must be related to healthcare and data analysis.
2. Previous Florida State Reporting experience preferred but not required.
3. Experience with Excel (expert), Access (moderate), and basic SQL queries required.
4. Interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to identify needs and define correct course of action related to problem solving.
1. Responsible for building, reviewing, correcting, and transmitting state files.
2. Assists with the maintenance of Meridian's software systems as it relates to state reporting, reporting issues, working with vendors as needed to resolve the issues. Modifications to reports, and EMR forms.
3. Works day to day in Meridian's data systems, running reports to identify and correct inaccuracies of state data. Suggests edits and corrections based on data to improve operations.
4. Develops, updates, and maintains expert knowledge of agencies State Reporting process and state billing processes. Makes modifications as requested. Frequently involves attention to detail and good communication skills.
5. Queries databases, creates reports and analyzes data to comply with state reporting requirements and support.
6. Expected to write documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, and corrections for state reporting.
7. Supports the IS department in the accurate set-up and Maintenance of state reporting in the EMR.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:Specific competencies required are identified on a department/program specific basis and identified in each employee's Competency Checklist.
Meridian is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are fully committed to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin, age, marital status, disability (physical or mental), family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service or because they are a protected veteran or other non-merit based factors.