Welcome! Your Meridian Career Starts Here!
Position Title: Emergency Screening Coordinator
Locations: Gainesville and Lake City Various Schedules available, including PRN options
*May require weekends and overnight shifts*
Rate of Pay: $16.75/hour shift differential | Non-Exempt
Starting your career journey with Meridian is just the way to do it!
Meridian Behavioral Health is a private, non-profit organization with roots in the mental
health community since the 1960's. Since that time, we've expanded to 13 counties in
North Central Florida. We us a multidisciplinary approach to treating to those facing
mental health challenges and substance use disorders.
We want you! We welcome your knowledge, experience, story and expertise!
Must attend mandatory Emergency Screening Training
Greets clients in the screening area: Inventories personal effects and screens for contraband. Performs breath alcohol testing and vital signs. Obtains urine for on-site drug screen. Assures client confidentiality while obtaining their vital signs including weight, heart rate, blood pressure, and height for children. Notifies RN on duty of readings outside of identified parameters. Applies wristband identification. Uses digital camera to provide photo identification. Initiates "Flow Sheet" documentation. Enters the client's name and key number on all necessary forms. Opens screening episode in electronic health record, verifies payer eligibility, process any Baker Act forms within established timelines.
Responsible for efficient workflow of reception: Ensures client waiting time is kept at a minimum. Tracks and reports time from door to check in to screening start time. Maintains Emergency Screening bed board.
Assists with maintaining a safe environment: Works with Emergency Screeners to monitor and manage waiting room. Provides for the care and custody of those patients in the Emergency Screening area including offering snacks, bathroom breaks, hygiene supplies as needed, and keeping waiting areas clean. Provides appropriate support and guidance to coworkers and seeks appropriate direction.
Who are we looking for?
What You Will Love!
· Friendly, flexible and lively work environment
employees we offer free activities including Zumba and Yoga. We also believe in companywide celebrations and blood drives. Our employee engagement committee is always coming up with other fun activities for all.
· Work-life balance - Generous PTO accrual for vacation, sick leave and holidays.
· Benefits - Several health insurance plan options available including tax sheltered health savings account. Vision, dental, retirement, life insurance, and accidental death are also available.
· Wellness Programs - Employees have an opportunity to earn a monthly discount on their medical plan premiums by participating in the Vitality wellness program, and Employee Assistance Program(EAP).
· Compensation & Retirement - Competitive salaries and 403(b) retirement savings with company match up to 8%.
· Growth & Education- Opportunities for growth and career advancement. Tuition reimbursement. Public service loan forgiveness and free clinical supervision.
· Perks - Cell phone plan discounts, travel reimbursement and gym membership discount programs, LegalShield, pet insurance and more!
Our Hiring Process:
· We pre-screen your application. If we find that your skills are a match for the position you applied for we will then send your resume over to the hiring manager to schedule an interview.
· If the interview is successful our talent acquisition recruiter from Human Resources Department will reach out to you with a verbal job offer and send over your background check paperwork as well as your follow up & next steps email.
· After you have cleared the background screening process our talent acquisition team will then send you an overview with expectations for New Employee Orientation start date.
Our team is committed to helping you grow into the best version of yourself you were always meant to be. Thank you for considering joining the Meridian family!
How to apply:
If you are interested in making an impact while positively impacting the community apply below.
Simply apply through this website or visit us directly at https://meridian.e3applicants.com/careers/
Join us in our mission to bring education about mental illnesses and substance use disorders and the treatment of those affected to the world.
"Hope, Recovery, and Wellness are within everyone's reach."
Meridian is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are fully committed to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin, age, marital status, disability (physical or mental), family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service or because they are a protected veteran or other non-merit based factors.