2 Positions Available: 7-3 or 3-11 (full time)
$18/hr Less than a
year experience working as a LPN
$19/hr 1-2 years' experience working as an LPN
$20/hr 2 years' experience working as an LPN
This position is responsible for the provision of direct client care in a residential substance abuse treatment program. The LPN provides medication administration, wound care, patient and family education and historical data collection. The population served includes adults residing in the Bridge House (Vets, SAPP, BH consumers), PHP and MIST programs and infants and toddlers residing with their mothers in the MIST program. The LPN reports to the Nurse Manager but duties are performed largely independently. Medical duties are performed under the supervision of a physician.
· Must have current LPN license in the State of Florida and must have IV certification. Preference given to candidate with experience working with substance abuse or mental health population.
· ** Must be able to type at least 27 wpm on prescreen assessment and score at least 65% on general assessment.
required for hire, but preference given to those who meet qualifications as a
In order to qualify as a Center Driver, the candidate must at least 21 years of age and have an active Florida Driver's license. Motor Vehicle Record will be reviewed for eligibility. No more than 3 moving violations and/or accidents within the past 3 years and no major violations during the past 5 years. Drivers over 65 years old must provide a current doctor's note stating they have no driving limitations.
· Greets clients as soon as possible after admission and provides a warm and welcoming atmosphere.
· Blood Draws/IV Therapy (training will be provided)
· As part of the admission gathers baseline data of client's current health status and historical information.
· Transcribes verbal or telephone orders from the physician and verifies such by read-back.
· Transcribes orders from the physician to the Medication Administration Report (MAR) promptly.
· Completes Medication administration in a timely manner as order by the physicians.
· Provides client care services including glucose monitoring, wound care, urine collection and evaluation.
· Assesses clients for illness and/or injury and take appropriate actions based on standards of care.
· Ensures appropriate safety precautions are taken based on the client's condition.
· Reports clinical and behavioral issues to the Director and Counselors through verbal reports or via email after business hours.
· Staff is required to stay over shift until appropriate and sufficient staff has arrived. At times, in circumstances of staff call-outs, increased client acuity or supervisor requests, staff is required to stay until dismissed by RN Shift Manager, Staffing Department or Administrator on-call. Violation of this may result in disciplinary action, up to and including termination.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Specific competencies required are identified on a department/program specific basis and identified in each employee's Competency Checklist. The following are general and apply to all positions with this title.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Physical Demand:The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are fully committed to
attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified
employees. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity
or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, national
origin, age, marital status, disability (physical or mental), family medical
history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service or because they are a protected veteran or other non-merit based factors.
Meridian is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are fully committed to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin, age, marital status, disability (physical or mental), family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service or because they are a protected veteran or other non-merit based factors.I attest that I am able to meet the essential duties and responsibilities of this position; including the physical demands, knowledge, skills, and abilities requirements with or without reasonable accommodation.