Welcome! Your Meridian Career Starts Here!
Position Title: Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) CSU
Location: Gainesville, FL
Salary: $23.69|Hr. | Non-Exempt
Ready to make a positive impact in someone else's life?
Starting your career journey with Meridian is just the way to do it!
Meridian Behavioral Health is a private, non - profit organization with roots in the mental health community since the 1960's. Since that time, we've expanded to 13 counties in North Central Florida. We us a multidisciplinary approach to treating to those facing mental health challenges and substance use disorders.
We want you! We welcome your knowledge, experience, story and expertise!
- Assists the RN/Physician in the admission process by gathering baseline data of client's current health status.
- Evaluates point-of-care urine drug screens.
- Educates and orients client and family to the unit milieu and structure.
- Provides for interactions with family, to the extent possible, under HIPAA regulations.
- Intervenes as necessary to prevent injury to staff or other clients.
- Provides accurate documentation of client interactions and interventions.
- Provides reports to the RN Shift Manager, ADON, DON, QI staff as indicated.
Who are we looking for?
- Clear/Active license to practice as an LPN in the State of Florida.
- 3 years of experience with Mental Health population, Crisis Units, Corrections or psych settings. Substance abuse experience will count for Residential/OTP/Detox only. Experience must be met while utilizing respective license, this must be verified.
- Experience in an inpatient psychiatric unit preferred.
What You Will Love!
- Friendly, flexible and lively work environment- To all Meridian employees we offer free activities including Zumba and Yoga. We also believe in companywide celebrations and blood drives. Our employee engagement committee is always coming up with other fun activities for all.
- Work-life balance - Generous PTO accrual for vacation, sick leave and holidays.
- Benefits - Several health insurance plan options available including tax sheltered health savings account. Vision, dental, retirement, life insurance, and accidental death are also available.
- Wellness Programs - Employees have an opportunity to earn a monthly discount on their medical plan premiums by participating in the Vitality wellness program, and Employee Assistance Program(EAP).
- Compensation & Retirement - Competitive salaries and 403(b) retirement savings with company match up to 8%.
- Growth & Education- Opportunities for growth and career advancement. Tuition reimbursement. Public service loan forgiveness and free clinical supervision.
- Perks - Cell phone plan discounts, travel reimbursement and gym membership discount programs, LegalShield, pet insurance and more!
- Bonus structures/Incentives
$3,000 after 30 days of employment for select programs, inquire within!
$1,000 retention bonus for RN's and LPN's.
Our Hiring Process:
- We pre-screen your application. If we find that your skills are a match for the position you applied for we will then send your resume over to the hiring manager to schedule an interview.
- If the interview is successful our talent acquisition recruiter from Human Resources Department will reach out to you with a verbal job offer and send over your background check paperwork as well as your follow up & next steps email.
- After you have cleared the background screening process our talent acquisition team will then send you an overview with expectations for New Employee Orientation start date.
Our team is committed to helping you grow into the best version of yourself you were always meant to be. Thank you for considering joining the Meridian family!
How to apply:
If you are interested in making an impact while positively impacting the community apply below.
Simply apply through this website or visit us directly at
Join us in our mission to bring education about mental illnesses and substance use disorders and the treatment of those affected to the world.
"Hope, Recovery, and Wellness are within everyone's reach."
Meridian is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are fully committed to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin, age, marital status, disability (physical or mental), family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service or because they are a protected veteran or other non-merit based factors.