Locations: Gainesville or Lake City, FL.
Salary Range: Un-Licensed $18.59/hr. | Licensed $26.44/hr. - $27.88/hr. (May be eligible for shift differential)
(PRN is as-needed-work)
**Master's Degree in Counseling Related Field
This is advanced professional clinical work conducting emergency assessments for clients who present at Crisis Stabilization in crisis seeking mental health stabilization. Emergency Screeners provide 24/7 Emergency Intake and Evaluation services for both voluntary and Baker Act adults and children.
Education: Master's degree required from an accredited university with major course work in the areas of psychology, sociology, social work, or a related human services field.
Experience: One year proven experience working with clients in the mental health field.
1. Conducts assessments for clients through telephone and face-to-face contact to determine treatment needs.
2. Determines appropriate service provider based on clinical, demographic, and payer requirements.
3. Serves as client and center advocate, consultant, and liaison with a wide variety of community agencies to ensure client continuity of care.
4. Facilitates continuity of services within the agency and community for clients seen in Emergency Screening.
5. Documents all services provided in a timely and accurate manner, consistent with Center guidelines and procedures, and best practice standards for his/her profession.
6. Documents all services and job duties as required for billing, payroll, and reimbursement purposes, in accordance with Center guidelines and procedures.
7. Performs other duties as required to meet program and departmental goals and objectives.
8. MUST be flexible on shifts and availability
9. Willing to be an active participant in client restraints, as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Specific competencies required are identified on a department/program specific basis and identified in each employees Competency Checklist. The following are general and apply to all positions with this title.
I. Has adequate assessment/evaluation skills
A. Can articulate developmental issues and how these affect assessment and treatment.
B. Is aware of cultural and gender related issues that may affect assessment of client needs
and treatment planning.
D. Can identify signs and indicators of abuse
E. Can determine the need for Crisis Stabilization
II. Has adequate treatment skills
A. Appropriately applies behavioral, cognitive, and other family interventions in manner sensitive
to the age and special needs of the client.
B. Has facility with time effective treatment strategies
C. Understands how abuse needs to be addressed in treatment
D. Can formulate treatment problems, goals and objectives based on assessment data
E. Understands how to effectively integrate family/caregiver in treatment
F. Understands the nature of and maintains appropriate professional boundaries (e.g., can
examine the use of self in therapy, transference/counter-transference issues)
G. Provides culturally competent care
III. Has adequate consultation skills
A. Understands the needs of host agency(ies).
B. Is respectful of aims and personnel in host agency.
C. Adapts to the host environment
Meridian is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are fully committed to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin, age, marital status, disability (physical or mental), family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service or because they are a protected veteran or other non-merit based factors.